Cedar Far FY 2017 Q2 Results

Revenues set for a record year, but the earnings are down considerably.  EPS was $.55/unit, vs $1.04 for the same period last year.  Part of this was due to a significant paydown in debt during the period. 

http://ir.cedarfair.com/newsroom/press-releases/news-release-details/2017/Cedar-Fair-Reports-2017-Second-Quarter-Results-Remains-On-Track-For-A-Record-Performance-In-2017/default.aspx

• Like 3

Well, CF certainly has made a good bit of money from my family. With my trips to Cedar Point and Kings Island, I spent a good amount of money. Tickets for 3 people for 2 days each park, Fast Lane for 3 people for one day each at both parks, plus preferred parking, food, and souvenirs. But don't take this the wrong way, I am not complaining, just pointing out that the focus on families was a good decision. We definitely had a great time at both parks. Every dime we spent was well worth it. Fast Lane was a great way to maximize time. 

Good to hear there was a significant paydown in their debt.

• Like 4

Really?  I guess it doesn't hurt to ask but don't want to come across as "entitled" like so many in the community like to accuse.  :rolleyes:  The twice a week therapy is helping her but ultimately the odds are better than even that she will need surgery to fully recover.  

Anyway, good to hear CF is able to make a dent in the debt despite all the cap ex.   

• Like 1

It is great to hear that Kings Island is on track for a record year of attendance.  I think focusing on the families is smart as not everyone is going to ride Banshee or Diamondback.  I have seen several older people in line for Mystic Timbers this year that probably aren't frequent riders of the more extreme coasters.  Hopefully whatever additions we get next year takes this into account and we get some family attractions along with thrills attractions as well.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2017 at 1:51 AM, King Ding Dong said:

Really?  I guess it doesn't hurt to ask but don't want to come across as "entitled" like so many in the community like to accuse.  :rolleyes:  The twice a week therapy is helping her but ultimately the odds are better than even that she will need surgery to fully recover.  

Anyway, good to hear CF is able to make a dent in the debt despite all the cap ex.   

My wife and I weren't able to use our passes during the 2014 season due to her being pregnant with our first child. As long as you do not use the pass once during the previous year, you can roll that pass over to the next year for a fee. I believe the fee I paid was $30 for each pass. It is actually a great deal and I'm sure they still honor it.

• Like 1