Carowinds 2018: Camp Snoopy

ca-capitalmap-bannerv2.jpg

Carowinds has announced 6 new attractions for their kids area, newly renamed to Camp Snoopy from Planet Snoopy. Being added are:

• Camp Bus (Zamperla Crazy Bus)
  • Peanuts Trailblazers (themed Whip)
  • Kite Eating Tree (Frog Hopper)
  • Pig Pen's Mud Buggies (Zamperla Jump Around)
  • Woodstock Whirlybirds (Teacups)
  • Beagle Scout Acres (kids' play/climbing area with slides and interactive features)

Several older rides area leaving Planet Snoopy, to be relocated elsewhere in the park or to other parks. Woodstock Gliders (KI's Flying Eagles) are being relocated to make room for Camp Snoopy rides; whether they're staying at Carowinds has yet to be announced.

Press release: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/newly-expanded-kids-area-pre-k-pass-to-debut-at-carowinds-in-2018-300504079.html

• Like 3

I want them back!  Snapping or no snapping, they belong at KI.  The person that pulled the plug on them at PKI, and yes I know who it was, made the most inane decision in the parks history.

IMO, those flyers are as historical to KI as The Racer and Carousel.

• Like 4

Weird.  Seems like most parks went from Camp Snoopy to Planet Snoopy.  Good update none the less.  They need to round out their hardware if they want to be the company leader that everyone expects in the next few years.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.  I was going to combine the two thoughts but didn't have permissions to delete one of the two posts.  Guess I'm still used to be a moderator. haha

12 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

I want them back!  Snapping or no snapping, they belong at KI.  The person that pulled the plug on them at PKI, and yes I know who it was, made the most inane decision in the parks history.

IMO, those flyers are as historical to KI as The Racer and Carousel.

Funny how last year it was "company wide" that snapping was banned.  I can attest that at KD the ride op came up and congratulated me on a good "show" when I was snapping there in July, and from all accounts they have let up on the no snapping rule at the other Cedar Fair parks (correct me if I'm wrong - this is what I've heard).  KI is the only one that straggles behind with the old policy.  I wonder what the deal is.

• Like 2

The company very rarely makes chain wide decisions. Quite a bit is left up to individual parks, especially when it comes to day to day operations. They just don't want to be always called to guest services for guests complaining about people "breaking the ride".

If they were to make a chain wide policy on this, they would mechanically limit the scooters ability to snap. 

Having the original Eagles back would be a dream come true. As they were my favorite non-coaster ride ever, I would be beyond happy! I agree Shaggy, it was one of the most perplexing moves I have seen as far as the park goes. Such a loved ride with so much Cincinnati historical background from Coney to KI.  Sometimes, I still hearing the cables snapping in my head as I walk by that stupid basketball game.

• Like 4