Cedar Fair wheeling out Pre-K Pass

Cedar Point has it as well, valid at both CP and CP Shores. It's a great deal to let families get their kids hooked early.

Planet Snoopy at Kings Island is very well attended and has lots of rides for that age range, so the offer might not make as much sense here.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, malem said:

Cedar Point has it as well, valid at both CP and CP Shores. It's a great deal to let families get their kids hooked early.

Planet Snoopy at Kings Island is very well attended and has lots of rides for that age range, so the offer might not make as much sense here.

This was my thought process but as someone with a 4 and 2 year old I have realized this year passes havent been worth it nearly as much to me to the point we are considering not buying them next year. Both my wife and I have to buy a pass and spend the same amount on my son. We have been about 10 times this year and most of the time is spent in the kids area it hardly feels worth it having to buy three passes so one kid can have fun. I will be on board with buying a season pass again next year if I don't have to spend the extra $100 for my sons pass. 

I somehow suspect when KI has the best kids area in the country it's not going to be something they give away for free.  

Somewhat surprised CP is doing this as it appears to me they have a rather extensive kid offering as well, but I suppose it helps with the destination/resort nature of the park,  

Yes, but Carowinds has an extensive kids area (which they are adding to for next season), and they are offering the Pre-K pass.  On the flip side, it was stated on the last conference call that KI has among the largest pass base of any park in the chain, so there would be substantial revenue lost if they brought this to KI.

• Like 1

Makes sense that KI has a large season pass base- it has few competing parks, its very close to its main market city (Cincinnati) as well as withing decent driving distance from many others (C-bus, Indy, Dayton, L'ville, Lexington) as well as large suburban growth very close by (West Chester, Liberty Township, Mason).  I could see KI being the only seasonal park in the chain without a Pre-K pass. 

• Like 1