Mystic Timbers and Twisted Timbers connection

MaestroJr

I was reading on behindthethrills.com about the new Twisted Timbers ride at Kings Dominion and it mentioned that, "The coaster will also take a queue from Mystic Timbers and reveal what happened on that fateful day in 1950". Do you think both Timbers will have a connection or just maybe this is a coincidence. Attached article, http://www.behindthethrills.com/2017/08/kings-dominion-hurls-into-2018-with-twisted-timbers/ 

I don't think it's necessarily a sequel--I think it's just a reusable theme. It worked in Ohio and KI and KD don't draw customers from the same market, so why not reuse it if the park's theme allows? It's not the worst theme a ride's had before. (I'm looking at you, Stitch's Great Escape.)

I find it interesting that Twisted Timbers has no shed. I wonder why that is... TT and MT have the same core backstory, except one's in a lumber company and the other is in an apple orchard. Maybe KD didn't want TT to be seen as a poor man's Verbolten?

• Like 1

On 8/16/2017 at 10:00 PM, TombRaiderFTW said:

I find it interesting that Twisted Timbers has no shed. I wonder why that is... TT and MT have the same core backstory, except one's in a lumber company and the other is in an apple orchard. Maybe KD didn't want TT to be seen as a poor man's Verbolten?

Or, maybe they just learned their lesson and are going to include one as a pleasant surprise experience instead of over-hyping it and letting everyone down when it debuts.  I think that would have saved KI's shed.  Most people would have felt like it was such an awesome way to end the ride if it wouldn't have been mentioned and hyped all winter, and instead it just was there to surprise everyone when the coaster opened.

But, I'm doubting that Twisted Timbers is going to have a shed element at all, maybe some other surprise theming????

• Like 1

I think it could be something pretty cool. Maybe having something at all Cedar Fair parks. Connected in someway. Something like the Marvel Universe. Where each ride would have its own base story but be connected to others. The sky's the limiton this they could have Dark rides connecting each story. They could even print Comic books to sell in the gift shops I see a lit of potential here .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...