Haunt Or WinterFest?

kingsislandfan1972

For me, Haunt. I have always loved spooky things, and I like being able to go to the park when it is cooler, and wear hats and coats and stuff but still have all the rides open. 

I've only been to Winterfest once, in the 90s, and it was a bit of a disappointment to me because there were so few things to ride. I know I will enjoy Winterfest this year (it's much better than not being able to go to the park at all those months), but I don't think it will be nearly as entertaining for me personally as Haunt. It is going to be great for kids, though, I'm sure!

Personally I am more excited for WinterFest, just because I love the time around Christmas so much and I will definitely enjoy the lights and hopefully snow this year! Haunt has always been a little too much for me, but I might go this year just to ride the rides again!

I've never been able to care too much for Haunt (or Halloween itself), but I've never been to a winterfest and love christmas, so I can not wait for Winterfest. During the off-season I honestly couldn't even decide if I was more excited for Mystic or Winterfest.

Your the guy who constantly plays awesome Christmas music in his car so I can already see you'll love winterfest.

9 hours ago, stashua123 said:
17 hours ago, rcwizard13 said:

I've never been able to care too much for Haunt (or Halloween itself), but I've never been to a winterfest and love christmas, so I can not wait for Winterfest. During the off-season I honestly couldn't even decide if I was more excited for Mystic or Winterfest.:D

Your the guy who constantly plays awesome Christmas music in his car so I can already see you'll love winterfest. emoji4.png

Remind me not to ride in rcwizard13's car. :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I recently returned to ki after about a 15 year absence and had an Awwwwwsssoooommmmeeee time, so much so that my wife and I have bought season passes for next year already.

My question is about haunt, we have never been and was wondering what to expect if we go? If someone could give me the general rundown of what is happening in the park, that would be great. Thanks!

• Like 2

Most of the rides outside Planet Snoopy are open as usual. In addition, there are several Haunt Mazes, which are like small haunted houses you can walk through, with heavy theming and costumed and made-up performers whose job it is to scare you (lines for these will often be longer than for the rides). Also, some areas of the park are "scare zones" where performers are out working the crowds walking around. There are some special shows. The entire park is often consumed by fog machines. There is a much more dark and adult vibe to the whole thing than the regular season. 

I always love Halloween Haunt. Just something about getting scared, and having the coolness with screams coming from around you makes me just get all excited. But this will be my first year that I will have any memories of the winter feast, I am pretty excited.