a few more gold pass questions

mustbeaweasley

2018 will be the first time my family has purchased gold passes. I know that we will get free parking with our free 2017 gold pass visit - we plan to use the free visit at haunt. We also want to come back for Winterfest, we will be able to get free parking then too by showing the pass we didn't show for Haunt?

This brings me to my next question, do they go ahead and mail the 2018 passes now, or how do you receive them? How long before we go to haunt should I order?

Last question, we probably won't get our child (above 48") a pass until closer to Winterfest. She'll be able to get in free, while we are each $15, so could we get free parking with her pass?

If it matters, we'll probably do the payment plans.

Welcome to KIC! To answer:

1.  New passholders will have their free parking beginning with the 2018 season, once they've used their free visit; I believe Winterfest is still considered part of the 2017 season.  

2.  You may either process your pass at the park through closing day of Haunt, or save your paperwork and do it at the park in the Spring.  Traditionally, the park has opened for a few hours a day the week before the season opens for season pass processing only.  I don't believe the park mails passes.  

3. Free parking goes away once the Gold offer does, which is usually just after Memorial Day; however, the lowest price of the year is currently being advertised.  After closing day of Haunt, the price shoots up for Gold.  If that's important to you, I would advise buying now.

• Like 1

2018 will be the first time my family has purchased gold passes. I know that we will get free parking with our free 2017 gold pass visit - we plan to use the free visit at haunt. We also want to come back for Winterfest, we will be able to get free parking then too by showing the pass we didn't show for Haunt?
This brings me to my next question, do they go ahead and mail the 2018 passes now, or how do you receive them? How long before we go to haunt should I order?
Last question, we probably won't get our child (above 48") a pass until closer to Winterfest. She'll be able to get in free, while we are each $15, so could we get free parking with her pass?

If it matters, we'll probably do the payment plans.

To answer your question about the parking. Your one free visit in 2017 does include one free parking usage. You will be required to pay for parking on any additional visits in 2017 since your season pass benefits start in 2018. The passes, once purchased, you will receive a confirmation email to print the voucher or they can scan from your smartphone device, you will need to be processed in season pass processing during park operations for your 1 free visit. It opens 1 hour prior to park opening.
Any child ages 3 and older require an admission ticket. So if she meets the over 3 criteria it's best to order all at the same time. One word of advice is that the day you complete the transaction is the day your payment plan starts. So if you want the 1st of the month start on 9/1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, mustbeaweasley said:

do they go ahead and mail the 2018 passes now, or how do you receive them? How long before we go to haunt should I order?

You can order the day of your Haunt visit, if you're a procrastinator like me. :P As Gabe said, nothing is mailed. Instead, you have to process the pass at the park. When you order online, you'll get a PDF file with a voucher for each pass; print those out and take them to the season pass processing center (door on the left side of the ticket sales building) when you arrive at the park. They'll take your photos there and hand you a season pass card for each voucher.

Your one free visit will already be loaded onto that card. Your vouchers probably will not work for parking, so don't use the self-scan lanes and instead pay normally at the toll booth (I think it's $20), then go to the ticket windows after you process and show your pass and parking receipt. The sales associates there should be able to issue a refund.

I have no idea regarding your question about using the free parking again for Winterfest. My guess is that it might not work, but I could be wrong.

Again, as Gabe said, the lowest prices of the season are now. Beginning right after Haunt, they will start going up, and they will only continue to go up. Unlike some other parks, Kings Island does not typically put their passes on sale at any point of the year, so whatever price you see for a pass at a given point in time is the lowest price you'll ever see for that pass for that year.

I think starting last year you could upload a picture to your season pass application, which the park would use.  Doing so eliminates a lot of the wait, since you won't have to stand in front of a camera while an associate takes time to position you properly, etc.  In years past, the deadline to order a pass at the lowest price point has been extended a week after Haunt ends, but as always, that is subject to change.  Goble is right; in my 14 years of being a passholder, I have never seen the passes on sale for less than advertised at that time.  If you attend a buyout day (GE, P & G), I know that one of the perks (besides short waits) was the opportunity to buy a season pass at a decent discount than that offered to the public.  Again, not sure if that still holds true.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2017 at 0:46 PM, Cmhornblessed said:

I have already bought gold passes for next year and I appreciate the info. I thought I saw when I bought them that the pass for next year gets you into haunt and Winter fest this year, I hope I did not see that wrong! Any one else know?

For new purchases (as opposed to renewals), you get ONE free visit on any operating day between now and December 30. You do not get the rest of the season free.

17 hours ago, jcgoble3 said:

For new purchases (as opposed to renewals), you get ONE free visit on any operating day between now and December 30. You do not get the rest of the season free.

As opposed to previous years, when any new pass allowed admission for the rest of the 2017 season (including Haunt) as well.  Those of us that had passes several years ago recall a decision the park made to charge an additional fee for Haunt, even for passholders.  That decision was made between the end of the regular season and the start of Haunt and was quickly reversed after much passholder outcry.  So, the park does listen...

5 hours ago, Gabe said:

As opposed to previous years, when any new pass allowed admission for the rest of the 2017 season (including Haunt) as well.  Those of us that had passes several years ago recall a decision the park made to charge an additional fee for Haunt, even for passholders.  That decision was made between the end of the regular season and the start of Haunt and was quickly reversed after much passholder outcry.  So, the park does listen...

That must have been many years ago. I've been a passholder since 2010 (except for last year) and an active member of KIC since that same year. IIRC, new passes have granted only one free visit since at least fall 2010, if not earlier, and at no point since 2010 do I recall any kerfuffle over charging an extra fee for Haunt.

Yes, it was many years ago.  There were some seasons, when I was a teenager, when you were able to buy a pass for the next season and it was good for the rest of the current season.  This seemed to be the case when purchasing late into the season as there weren't too many weekends of operation left.