Sign in to follow this  
MCM0313

Red soft-serve ice cream in the '90s?

Another random memory here, this one from the '90s. Sometime in the 1993-96 time frame, I think, I remember having a really hard time finding the blueberry ice cream I've always loved. Instead there was a red kind, either raspberry or cherry, that was good but not as good as the blueberry. Does anyone remember KI either replacing or supplementing its blueberry ice cream with a red flavor for a short time in the '90s?

I don't recall such a thing.  Though, Paramount did temporarily stop selling the blue ice cream during their first year or so. 

Now there is the infamous Raspberry N' Chip at Graeter's though. ^_^

Was UDF at KI before Graeter's in the 90s?  It might have been one of their flavors. 

2 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I don't recall such a thing. 

Now there is the infamous Raspberry N' Chip at Graeter's though. ^_^

Was UDF at KI before Graeter's?  It might have been one of their flavors. 

Nah, this was soft-serve. I think I got it from one of the food booths in the Coney Mall area. This was before I realized that the blue stuff could be reliably found in the kids' area.

I too vaguely remember what i thought was more of a raspberry soft serve that was during Hanna Barbera days and i believe it was a limited Snagglepuss flavor as it was kind of pinkish/red to battle the huckleberry blue but this could have all been a dream.  

They replaced the blue ice cream in 1992 when Phantom Theater opened. Since the Smurf ride was gone they stopped selling Smurf Berry ice cream. It was replaced by a pink rasberry ice cream and was sold at Dino's Delights. However guests weren't happy the blue was gone so they brought it back to do the popular demand and they have had it ever since.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, PKIVortex said:

They replaced the blue ice cream in 1992 when Phantom Theater opened. Since the Smurf ride was gone they stopped selling Smurf Berry ice cream. It was replaced by a pink rasberry ice cream and was sold at Dino's Delights. However guests weren't happy the blue was gone so they brought it back to do the popular demand and they have had it ever since.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thank you! I was beginning to think maybe this was some other place I was thinking of.