"The Ledge" Trademarked by Cedar Fair

Late to this topic, but Hangtime will always be known to me as "The Ledge" as to me, it fits way more than Hangtime. I'd love to see them reuse that name at some point, but I don't really want a dive coaster at Kings Island or any of the bigger Cedar Fair parks.

14 hours ago, rhyano said:

Late to this topic, but Hangtime will always be known to me as "The Ledge" as to me, it fits way more than Hangtime. I'd love to see them reuse that name at some point, but I don't really want a dive coaster at Kings Island or any of the bigger Cedar Fair parks.

Too late! Cedar Point already has Valravn LOL :lol:

I mean parks not named Cedar Point, I get the marketing aspect of it, easy to market, especially the first drop, but dive coasters don't do much for me personally, I go to Cedar Point at least a few times a month, and I've ridden Valravn 3 times, one opening weekend, and the other two during a commercial shoot last year.

Apologies, I was just giving you a hard time. I have not been on Valravn, but it looks like fun. The general public seems to like these kinds of coasters. With that being said, CF will go with that and not what the coaster community thinks KI needs. Personally, I'd like to see a wing coaster or giga coaster installed at KI. I did get a chance to ride GateKeeper and loved it. Who knows what's in store for KI in the future. I have wanted a giga a KI ever since Millennium Force opened. But sadly, that was 17 years ago. Maybe one day? It's fun to speculate though.

I really like Dive Coasters, preferably made by B&M. It amazes me how such a huge coaster can fit into tight spaces and still deliver a punch. I would love one to come to KI but I know we won't get one anytime soon since Valravn is four hours away. Maybe Kentucky Kingdom or Holiday World could install one considering they're fairly cheap compared to other coaster models.

• Like 1

I'm not sure it would be 10 years, but not within a few years of Valravn being built. As popular as they seem to be, I wouldn't be surprised to see one in KI's future, especially with Steel Vengeance about to open which will move everyone's focus to that new coaster. I don't believe it would be a record breaker though. Next season, my son will be 52" and we will be riding Valravn, so I'll be able to see what all the hype is about with the dive coasters. Not to mention that he'll be able to ride 6 new ones altogether next year. 

• Like 1

Valravn broke a ton of records when it came out, however a lot of them can easily be broken by another park of they chose to build one. 

Never the less Kings Island is big on length. We already have two length record breakers with Banshee and The Beast so I could see the park getting "The World's Longest Dive Coaster." Should the park ever get one, and I hope they do, I would like to see one that exceeds well over 4,000 ft in length.

• Like 1