SIX Flags 2018 Announcement Video

Beat me to it! It's a better release than last year. Cedar Fair's still gonna knock it out of the park in the 2018. I honestly hate how the Six Flags company releases all their new rides at once as compared to Cedar Fair or even Busch Gardens where each park can make their own individual announcement when they see fit.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Beat me to it! It's a better release than last year. Cedar Fair's still gonna knock it out of the park in the 2018. I honestly hate how the Six Flags company releases all their new rides at once as compared to Cedar Fair or even Busch Gardens where each park can make their own individual announcement when they see fit.

Yes! It's very annoying and makes feel Six Flags feel more corporate then it already is. Twisted Cyclone looks to be a middle of the line RMC but the name is so mainstream. There are now three RMC's with the "Twisted" name in it. This year really does make evident that Six Flags dwarfs in comparison to Cedar Fair.

• Like 1

^, ^^Uhh....CF did all their announcements at the same time this year.  

The theme with SIX for 2018, it seems, is flats.   

Also, SFMM getting a flat ride?  What new spore of madness is this?! :P

Glad some form of Top Spins are still getting built.   And I get to ride the one at NJFTP next summer! B)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Glad some form of Top Spins are still getting built.   And I get to ride the one at NJFTP next summer! B)

Even though Cedar Fair announced on the same day they were all individual announcement themed to the rides that were being built at that specific park. The flats that the Six Flags parks are receiving look to be unique and fun.

• Like 2

I honestly feel like this 2018 line up is very bland. Yes they've got those cool new flats at 2 parks...I'd love to ride one. Twisted Cyclone just seems like they were like okay we really don't want to do much to this park but we need to keep the coaster count up....let's throw a RMC in....and that name is soo bland. I do like how this is the only true RMC conversion in the chain and yet Cedar Point is still going bigger.

I'm cringing at the names like "Crazanity" and "Spinsanity."

I love that Mexico is getting a Free Fly coaster...those are a lot of fun IMO. I like that Discovery Kingdom is getting a Skywarp.....although I'm not sure if I'd consider that a new credit. We all knew about the coaster at Fiesta Texas...that'll be cool. St. Louis gets the shaft again as does America. 

I had to laugh when Jim Reid Anderson said that Great America was getting the tallest super loop....woo? Still doesn't make it a coaster. 

Overall, I was hoping to see more "new" stuff with Six Flags.

2 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Glad some form of Top Spins are still getting built.  

To be fair, Cedar Fair parks did announce on the same day (most of them) but they announced at different times and in each individual parks way. Not a Youtube announcement for the entire chain.

• Like 3

I don't really view SFSTL as getting the shaft this year (sort of).  Given the climate we spent the vast majority of our time at the waterpark when we lived there. STL tends to have many high 90s or 100+ days/weeks with 60%+ humidity and the dry park is just unbearable.   Many of our friends that have SPs there wouldn't consider them if it weren't for the waterpark.

Sure it sucks they haven't received a good coaster in years but they need to play to their strengths.   The could install a $30M RMC Giga and it probably wouldnt drive attendance appreciably.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

And don't forget about those wonderfully named/themed rides such as Crazanity, Pandemonium and The Tallest Super Loop. :P

In fairness Tallest Super Loop is a place holder.  It's believed the real name has hurricane in it so they are holding off announcing the real name.

• Like 3

I have to say, really strong year for Six Flags, curious on the prototypes by ABC Rides but they should be great, I woke up at four for Jim Reid Anderson, not the announcement, I lost it when they announced SFSTL and he was being chased by a tornado on his bike!

• Like 1

So, here are my thoughts about SIX's announcement video this morning. Six Flags Great Adventure's addition and Twisted Cyclone (SFOG) look really cool (especially that sick 2-inversion turnaround), but the others are indeed just a step up from last year (however, it was cool that Six Flags Mexico is getting a Free Fly). It's interesting that SFDK's addition as well as the Larson Loop(s) are considered still considered coasters by SIX even though I'd consider them to be flat rides. Even with the two highlights (imo), I think Cedar Fair (and specifically, Steel Vengeance) and Silver Dollar City take the cake this year as far as new ride announcements go.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I do like those Zamperla Giant Discoveries (I think that's what these are?) going into certain SIX parks. As others have said, it seems like SIX is heavily focusing on flats next year. I think SIX's record announcement years thus far were 2013 and 2014 (for 2014 and 2015 respectively) they announced RMC makeovers as well as some interesting new flats.

• Like 1

Nope....if I said I did, that was before I rode one. If I said that I hated them, it was also probably that Six did the cloning of them. 

4D Free Fly Coasters are a ton of fun, I giggled like crazy on Joker at Great Adventure. I honestly wish Cedar Fair would add one but make it bigger, have higher capacity and maybe a little bit different of a layout. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2017 at 9:09 PM, chugh43 said:

I'd rather be stuck on The Great Pumpkin coaster for a thousand years than KI getting a 4D "Free Fly" Coaster like the Six Parks have been getting.

Found it

4 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

Nope....if I said I did, that was before I rode one. If I said that I hated them, it was also probably that Six did the cloning of them. 

4D Free Fly Coasters are a ton of fun, I giggled like crazy on Joker at Great Adventure. I honestly wish Cedar Fair would add one but make it bigger, have higher capacity and maybe a little bit different of a layout. 

• Like 1

Seems like somebody didn't use the smoothing tool on Twisted Cyclone!

Imo, this year seems like a decent year for Six Flags. Not as bad as last year, but CF still beat them by a mile. However, I've always found it funny how Six decides to announce almost everything in one video. One second you'll see one ride announced, then just after that you see the exact same thing announced for another park.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, CoasterOhio said:

Winterfest: Kings Island bringing back an old tradition!

SF: Holiday In the Park: An attempt to out-do Cedar Fair.

Um,  maybe I misunderstand your post but SIX has been adding HitP for a while now, long before FUN has in recent history.   It appears to me CF is trying to out-do SIX on this matter.  Also given the hints posted on this site about what rides CF is going to operate SIX may be out-doing CF successfully.  Unless you can point out any verifiable safety issues that have resulted from SIX operating coasters in lower temperatures.  

• Like 3