rcwizard13

Park CLOSED Friday 9/1/17

Interesting. Especially as the webcams show the trains are out of storage sheds and on the tracks.  I was just checking the weather and live cams before I saw this.

1 minute ago, Rallyomalley said:

Interesting. Especially as the webcams show the trains are out of storage sheds and on the tracks.  I was just checking the weather and live cams before I saw this.

Likely a more recent decision. Maintenance probably planned on opening until a few minutes ago.

25 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Good call by the park even though its probably not the popular choice

Bummed but I agree the right call. We were considering coming but now maybe Monday will be the day!

If the weather is even remotely like here in Louisville... then they made a very very smart decision.  The rain and high winds are terrible and headed north!

The forecast call for temps to drop to 49F by 8PM in addition to the rain.  I suspect that was the driving factor.  Nobody but a few of our resident polar bears likes to be wet and cold.   Hypothermia starts to be a concern in conditions like that especially with kids.  

Nothing more miserable than being at an amusement park in the cold and rain. As someone who's spent a day in 45-degree temps and steady showers at Cedar Point, I can attest they made the right choice. 

I was originally hoping to head down for some wet zen rides, but staffing the park for six hours tonight wouldn't have made much sense. Disappointing, perhaps, for the few hundred guests who might have braved Harvey's remnants.

Since cool, wet & foggy nights are ideal Beast-riding weather (in my opinion at least), I'll try to visit Haunt at least one rainy night this year to make up for it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The rain is supposed to drag into the weekend too. What a terrible way to end the season. I hope the rain scales itself back so that those attending the park's last summer days can have some fun.