Which RMC?

SonofBaconator

Which RMC?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I chose ground up and wooden. Our four woodies cover four different ride experiences

The Racer: Classic out and back wooden roller coaster packed with airtime.

Woodstock Express: Great beginner coaster for children.

The Beast: Wild terrain coaster built into the woods, running at high speeds like a monster on the loose.

Mystic Timbers: low to the ground, non-stop high speed action and twists with pops of airtime.

A topper track wooden coaster from Rocky Mountain Construction would provide a ride experience that would put it in a different class from the four current woodies. 

While Son of Beast was a remarkable engineering failure, it did pave the way for one revolutionary idea in the world of coaster building; to go upside down on a wooden roller coaster. Modern track design, and elements like Zero-G rolls, stalls and barrel rolls, make for an easy and safe way for wooden coasters to do what only steel coasters could do at one time. With an addition like Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City or Wildfire at Kolmården to Kings Island's line up, it would make for an excellent addition to our already amazing wooden coaster collection.

• Like 1

A ground up Hybrid. The only thing I would specifically like on it is an intense ending like LR quad down, and also lots of banked/ twisted airtime hills. I would also like to see wave turns like the ones on Twisted Colossus. It doesn't have to be a dueling coaster, but elements like these just give you crazy good ejector airtime.285483_1280x720.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I loved Outlaw Run. I wouldn't mind seeing KI get a longer version of something similar. But I've thought for awhile that if KI were ever to get rid of Vortex that a T-Rex would fit beautifully in that footprint. I think that's what we'll see is a T-Rex but I'd prefer the ground up woodie.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

The double-edged sword of having such a fine collection of wooden coasters is that none of them make great candidates to be RMC'd...

I sure wish we had a washed-up old woodie like Mean Streak, Hurler, or Colossus lying around.

RMC is taking every park's trash and turning it into treasure...

-------

Alas, KI does not possess any trash.  -_-