2018 Kings Island Theater Show

ki95

I think most likely it will be a new original Cirque show from Les Productions Haut-Vol (the creators of Imagine and Origins). I have not heard anything confirming this yet, which makes me nervous, but the popularity of the shows has been so high it would be silly to stop them. 

Imagine was popular enough that it spread to other parks in the chain after it came to us from Canada's Wonderland. Origins was new for Kings Island and I fully expect it will be reused at other parks as well (is it already?). The current show at Canada's Wonderland is also produced by Haut-Vol but is called something like Cirque Canadien, so if it comes to us, it will likely at least undergo a name change. 

If they do move away from Cirque, they are going to have some pretty big shoes to fill with whatever they put in there. 

• Like 2

I really haven't made up my mind with what I want to go in the KI theatre. IMO, this year of Cirque was the best, but I'd be ok if there was a different type of show as I feel that Cirque has ended on a high note. Then again, I feel like I'd miss Cirque upon seeing the new show, whatever it may be. However, I'm open to the possibilities. 

Also, with the popularity of Cirque, it's likely there will be a Season 5 with a new cast. Personally, I'd love for some of this year's cast to return in 2018, but I'm sure I'd warm up to a new cast over time!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I think most likely it will be a new original Cirque show from Les Productions Haut-Vol (the creators of Imagine and Origins). I have not heard anything confirming this yet, which makes me nervous, but the popularity of the shows has been so high it would be silly to stop them. 

Imagine was popular enough that it spread to other parks in the chain after it came to us from Canada's Wonderland. Origins was new for Kings Island and I fully expect it will be reused at other parks as well (is it already?). The current show at Canada's Wonderland is also produced by Haut-Vol but is called something like Cirque Canadien, so if it comes to us, it will likely at least undergo a name change.

20 hours ago, chugh43 said:

I'd love to see Cirque Dimensions that was at Canada's Wonderland!

20 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Also, with the popularity of Cirque, it's likely there will be a Season 5 with a new cast. Personally, I'd love for some of this year's cast to return in 2018, but I'm sure I'd warm up to a new cast over time!

A couple things (all of which are my opinion and none of which are based in insider information, so don't take any of this as gospel):

1. Dimensions was essentially a prototype version of Origins. It had a similar progression to this year's show, but a different setting (replace the ferrets with clowns and replace the mystical jungle theme with a generic "cirque show" theme--and the clowns are "interrupting" the show when they're on stage.) Origins, in my opinion, was better, as the clowns got a little annoying after a while. It honestly felt like they were distracting us, the audience, from seeing a bigger and frankly better show. Cirque Canadien was literally Origins with a Canada-ized theme--the ferrets were raccoons, a large portion of the rest of the cast wore flannel, and the soundtrack was geared more towards Canadian folk music. Between the end of Dimensions and the opening of Cirque Canadien, Wonderland's theater was not used for cirque shows at all (that's where their dog show went.)

2. It should be noted that several of the shows that have taken place in the Kings Island Theater over the last ten years have had two-season runs. If it were up to me, Kings Island would permanently have a cirque show in its lineup for years to come. But since it's not, I'm not sure I'm holding my breath for a 2018 cirque show.

3. Origins is currently showing at Kings Dominion. If the trend continues, we'll see it at Carowinds and Kings Dominion next year, then Carowinds and Dorney Park in 2019.

EDIT (after a like from MDMC01): I forgot to add: Cirque Canadien also was touted as being part of Wonderland's celebration of Canada's 150th birthday, which lasted throughout July. It only had a one-month run. I'm not sure I'd count it as any indicator that cirque shows will continue beyond Origins.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
13 minutes ago, YOULLBEBACK said:

I know this would never happen...but why not a comedy set?  I don't think that was ever done, but would be something different. 

I think something like that would be really cool, like audience interactive as well. I'm thinking about how much my family enjoyed the WDW Monster's Inc Laugh Floor because it was so guest interactive, even though we weren't chosen to participate. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2017 at 7:20 AM, TombRaiderFTW said:

A couple things (all of which are my opinion and none of which are based in insider information, so don't take any of this as gospel):

1. Dimensions was essentially a prototype version of Origins. It had a similar progression to this year's show, but a different setting (replace the ferrets with clowns and replace the mystical jungle theme with a generic "cirque show" theme--and the clowns are "interrupting" the show when they're on stage.) Origins, in my opinion, was better, as the clowns got a little annoying after a while. It honestly felt like they were distracting us, the audience, from seeing a bigger and frankly better show. Cirque Canadien was literally Origins with a Canada-ized theme--the ferrets were raccoons, a large portion of the rest of the cast wore flannel, and the soundtrack was geared more towards Canadian folk music. Between the end of Dimensions and the opening of Cirque Canadien, Wonderland's theater was not used for cirque shows at all (that's where their dog show went.)

I feel completely opposite of you, which is fine. There were several aspects that I found to be pretty amazing while watching in 2014. I truly felt each act, took me to a different dimension. I believe that it'd be another success for KI...I could definitely see it filling the theater as I witnessed at Wonderland. 

Edit:

For those wondering, here's more information on Dimensions: https://www.productionshautvol.com/ongoing-productions/dimensions

The one thing I really loved about this act aside from the things we've seen so far with Imagine and Origins, is that they added a laser aspect to it.

• Like 2