Haunt

Btinnel

7 minutes ago, Btinnel said:

We are thinking about coming down for my nephews birthday in October. What can I expect, I've never done the Halloween Haunt. Is it kid friendly? Will all the rides be open?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Depends on whether you're talking about nighttime (Friday/Saturday only) or daytime (Saturday/Sunday only).

The nighttime stuff is NOT kid-friendly, and is recommended for ages 13 and up. All rides in Planet Snoopy are closed during that time.

The daytime atmosphere is kid-friendly, and all rides are open including Planet Snoopy (possibly minus a couple of the water rides). On Saturdays, Planet Snoopy will shut down around 5pm, though, as the kid-friendly stuff comes to an end and the park transitions into the nighttime non-kid-friendly activities. I would recommend that young children be removed from the park by around 5pm to 5:30pm on Saturdays.

Haunt isn't intended for young children, but it's ultimately up to parents to decide what is or isn't appropriate for their child. Some kids grasp what's real and what's pretend earlier than others.

Around the park, be aware of theatrical fog, strobe lighting, loud music, and roaming scare actors. As it can be hard to see where you're going on the dark and foggy midways, caution would be advised if planning to bring young children. The haunted attractions themselves are designed to be scary, and some contain mature themes.

• Like 3

Last year my youngest was 11 and he was fine with it all and thought all the "gross" stuff was really funny.   Not so sure he would have been fine with it at 10 however.  His first introduction was at CP however (with Malem btw) and while the mazes are somewhat similar, the general atmosphere on the midways is not as dramatic as KI with all the fog machines.

If you do take kids prepare yourself ahead of time that they may not like it and want to leave.  You must be fine with that.  With a group of kids it maybe helpful to have handheld electronics available to occupy to ones that are turned off so the others can continue on.  

• Like 2

I am taking my 12 year old this year for the first time. I was not concerned previously about him being scared, but the fog is so dense on a non windy night that I was concerned about getting separated and loosing him in the crowd. I am looking forward to taking him this season. Not only is the park dark, dense fog, but always very busy during haunt. Something else to keep in mind.

• Like 2

I might as well take the chance to sponsor the kid's event, "The Great Pumpkin Fest" in Soak City, since I'm working there. It's kid friendly, and probably the best choice for young children. As for Haunt, I highly recommend it, though maybe not for people who are easily scared. If you don't go in any houses or scare zones, it's still a neat atmosphere at night. It's fun to talk to the roaming scareactors and say something absurd to cause them to break character. I'd recommend going in the morning, and if you're curious, stay until dark. 

Yes, it's much more fun to have them stay in character- that's the magic of Haunt after all! After dark, your friends become someone else (not just Gator/Sam, but other scareactors I know) and you get to see a different side of them that you wouldn't normally see. Not only do you get to interact with people you know, but you get to make new friends as well (such as meeting Thumbs last year) and that's pretty cool too! :) 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Knowing several scare actors....past and present.....it's not cool nor funny to try to make them break character. That's not the point of them ebing there.

15 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

But, it is enormously fun playing with them in character!

8 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Yes, it's much more fun to have them stay in character- that's the magic of Haunt after all! After dark, your friends become someone else (not just Gator/Sam, but other scareactors I know) and you get to see a different side of them that you wouldn't normally see.

Love these comments!  It's definitely more fun for me to stay in character at Haunt!  Although Sam's even been known to come out outside of Haunt every once in a while too... I'm looking forward to having my alter-ego take over soon!

• Like 6

Just my opinion, but from my multiple trips to Haunt over the years, here is my list, in order of how I would go through them:

1. Field of Screams-new last year-located near Dinos Alive.  Line gets LONG. FAST. get there right at open, even if its not totally dark.

2. Slaughterhouse

3. Blackout

4. Madame Fatales

5. Carnevil

6. Urgent Scare

7. Backwoods Bayou

8. Killmart

9. Bored to Death

10. Wolfpack

In order of goriness, I'd put Slaughterhouse and Urgent Scare towards the top.  the rest, aside from blackout, are all somewhat the same in terms of goriness.  If you find long lines and can only do 4-5, I'd hit the ones at the top of my list, then circle back.  Fright Lane will let you do all of them once within a short amount of time, if you want to pay for it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cmhornblessed said:

First time coming to haunt this year, could somebody rank the attractions.
First by what we should hit and what we could skip if we run out of time.
Second by goriest to less intense.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

That will be hard to do until after next weekend. Who knows what has changed from years past.

I tend to agree with @Gabe based on past experience.

• Like 1

Newer mazes tend to have much longer waits, so hit up Blackout early. Slaughterhouse by far is the goriest, though Urgent Scare is alright too. In my honest opinion, KillMart has the most unique theming, I wouldn't skip that one. Wolf Pack and Bored To Death are the ones you could skip, and I expect Field Of Screams' line to fill up quickly, get there early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...