2018 Construction in Coney Mall

jdf21972

I'd rather have the new smokehouse, If I can get the amazing food I had in Soak City this year inside the park without having to go to Soak City (I don't normally do waterparks unless someone in the party wants to, which is almost never), then it's a win in my book! 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, rhyano said:

I'd rather have the new smokehouse, If I can get the amazing food I had in Soak City this year inside the park without having to go to Soak City (I don't normally do waterparks unless someone in the party wants to, which is almost never), then it's a win in my book! 

The Smokehouse is going to be a very good addition. Besides, why would KI just pour new footers in Tower Gardens for Winterfest, just to tear them out weeks later to put in antique cars? Hmmmm......

• Like 5

5 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

The Smokehouse is going to be a very good addition. Besides, why would KI just pour new footers in Tower Gardens for Winterfest, just to tear them out weeks later to put in antique cars? Hmmmm......

Repeat after me, those footers can be used as footers for the lightposts.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, gforce1994 said:

So they are doing all of these Winterfest preparations knowing that they are going to have to do it completely differently next year? You'd think that they'd do them wherever they were going to do it next year rather than having to do it twice. Not to mention, doing it this way forces the construction crew to wait till the dead of Winter to start construction on the ride path. I mean if you think it makes more sense to spend more money and make things harder on everyone, then repeat on....

• Like 4

On 10/15/2017 at 9:25 PM, gforce1994 said:

Yes, light post footers are the first thing to be installed in the construction process because project managers love it when there are a bunch of concrete obstructions all over the area they are trying to excavate. It really speeds things up!

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

Yes, light post footers are the first thing to be installed in the construction process because project managers love it when there are a bunch of concrete obstructions all over the area they are trying to excavate. It really speeds things up!

If you look at the placement of the footers, they still leave accessible routes for vehicles. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

If you look at the placement of the footers, they still leave accessible routes for vehicles. 

Dude....let's get real....these footings are for Winterfest and Winterfest only. They are not for light poles for antique cars. Stop drinking the Screamscape koolaid. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

I've heard that Matt Ouimet isn't for doing ride relocations.  There's a few Rotor rides available for sale if they wanted to buy one. 

Just being the Devil’s Advocate, but he relocated a Dorney Coaster to VF, and did a whole bunch of relocations last year.

• Like 3

I wouldn't hold my breathe for a Rotor relocation. From my limited understanding, rotors are not the easiest to repair. Not sure if it's the cost, availability (and cost) of parts, or some other challenge. If they are leaving venues, most places are trying to sell to a vendor and if that doesn't happen, scrap it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I'm curious to see the state of things in Coney Mall tonight after they've had another week to work. 

I'm betting on the steel framing still being there because I expect they want to reuse it if possible for the presumed new restaurant.

I will be at another CF park tonight. We need pictures!

• Like 5

They have to gut the building before they can cut the steel girders that are the supporting structure of the building. This is a standard demolition. The info will be released soon enough.  

As stated from earlier. Demolition is not just a wrecking ball, especially when dealing with confined spaces close to public areas. Stay Tuned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4