2018 Construction in Coney Mall

jdf21972

Anyone think it will be an off year for rides?   In 2016-2017 they added a ride/slides in Soak City and the next year added a restaurant, in that same time in 2016 Rivertown they built a new funnel cake restaurant and added a ride in 2017.  For 2018 could be a new restaurant and 2019 new flat rides package.  Time will tell if this is right.  

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Imperial79 said:

Anyone think it will be an off year for rides?   In 2016-2017 they added a ride/slides in Soak City and the next year added a restaurant, in that same time in 2016 Rivertown they built a new funnel cake restaurant and added a ride in 2017.  For 2018 could be a new restaurant and 2019 new flat rides package.  Time will tell if this is right.  

I've been fairly confident for a couple months now the only thing new to KI next year will be the new Coney restaurant. However, as far as 2019 goes, I'm suspecting something much larger than a couple flats. As you say though, time will tell.

• Like 9

22 hours ago, fryoj said:

If they had the capability and desire to change the shed videos, they would have done it for haunt. 

Actually they didn't need to change it.  

On 11/4/2017 at 5:00 PM, chugh43 said:

I wouldn't count on the shed changing....that'd require Holovis and IOE to come in and change the programming for it....IOE I know is busy with other projects.

Unless they arranged those scenes in the original contract. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WWC2003Amy said:

Actually they didn't need to change it.  

Unless they arranged those scenes in the original contract. 

It's not likely....as I know IOE on a very personal level and they have mentioned that it won't be switched for Winterfest in the conversations we've had.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, rcwizard13 said:

I've been fairly confident for a couple months now the only thing new to KI next year will be the new Coney restaurant. However, as far as 2019 goes, I'm suspecting something much larger than a couple flats. As you say though, time will tell.

There will be more than a new restaurant next year. How do you market that to get people through the gate? And that, is what it's all about. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There have been years where KI hasn`t added new attractions.  Keep in mind that Cedar Fair has announced all attractions and general improvements that they are doing to the parks.  While KI hasn`t mentioned anything specifically, in a Cedar Fair press release they stated that KI (along with other parks) would be getting enhanced food options for next year.  

They do not necessarily need to have a new ride to market every year.  They can still push Mystic Timbers, and the second year of Winterfest.  Personally, I am super excited to experience Winterfest in a few weeks.

• Like 12

On 11/5/2017 at 2:14 PM, Imperial79 said:

I think off year. If there was going to be a flat ride package, odds are, they would have announced it by now to boost season pass sales. 

• Like 4

I'm thinking it may be announced close to Christmas (if they want an in-park announcement), or maybe after Christmas (either in-park or not) to reveal "Christmas present(s)" for 2018. Would be cool if they did it on Dec. 30th (this year's actual Closing Day- however, this year's "Closing Day" festivities were pretty memorable :D)

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

On Kings Island's official Snapchat story today, they posted a photo of the Royal Fountain ice skating rink on International Street with a giant crane in the background in the Coney Mall area. 

I don't have Snapchat but this might be the same picture.  Posted from their Kings Island Twitter page.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

I took a screenshot of the Snap story. Do I need a specific citation in order to post it, or do I give credit to their Snapchat?

Just say that it's from the park's Snapchat. Normally you're supposed to provide a link back to the source, but that's impossible with Snapchat, so saying where it's from is all you can do.

• Like 3