2018 Construction in Coney Mall

jdf21972

Firstly, Happy New Year's Day everyone. Kings Island Park LLC has left the general public a brazen, thrill-enticing message on the Mystic Timbers webcam along the White Water Canyon walkway near the train tacks. The message reads "GiGa". After the completion of the deconstruction of the Dinosaurs Alive attraction, in which is coasting on the popular innuendo that Kings Island will be building a Giga roller coaster post-Dinosaurs-Alive deconstruction, could the hearsay in fact be a reflection of a 300 foot-thrilling reality to come? I encourage all of you to view the webcam and share what you think about the "GiGa" message. 

The message was seen on site the day prior to New Year's Eve and post acknowledging the fact that park guests were restricted from crossing the train tracks during the duration of Winterfest, there must've been an employee who scripted the message in the snow for the eyes of the general public to see. Is this the commencement of the 2019 project speculation? I'd like to think so.

That is my take on it, I'd like to hear what you think. 

• Like 4

The webcam "message" was seen on the 30th. 

It's not some way the park is trying to hint at what's to come....it is 99% likely it was a bored associate looking to tease the KI fans who look at the webcams regularly. The full timers have much bigger and better things to do than to write "Giga" in the snow and they're literally the only ones who know the next phase of expansion. 

• Like 9

I can say someone employed at KI did it. Full timer, seasonal employee, who knows? Someone does know if it legit or not, but they won’t say either way on this forum. Just be mindful of those who think they know all that happens in the park, because they likely don’t have a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Someone made a lighthearted joke for enthusiasts watching the webcam. Let's stop making more of it than it is.

On 12/30/2017 at 10:34 PM, chugh43 said:

Your video is not available @gforce1994

His link should work now.

In the future, when posting videos, it's best to upload them to a video hosting platform such as YouTube. The forum does accept .webm and .mp4 attachments <=20MB, but site security settings keep them from displaying by default.

• Like 6

On 12/29/2017 at 6:10 AM, Magenta Lizard said:

No pics, but the scaffolding was covered in thick translucent plastic sheeting when we looked last night. For warmth for workers? To keep any upcoming snow off? Not sure. 

It's to allow the grout between blocks to dry properly in cold temps. They'll keep the area heated. The workers prefer it that way too. 

• Like 5

On 1/1/2018 at 11:39 AM, chugh43 said:

It's not some way the park is trying to hint at what's to come....it is 99% likely it was a bored associate looking to tease the KI fans who look at the webcams regularly. The full timers have much bigger and better things to do than to write "Giga" in the snow and they're literally the only ones who know the next phase of expansion. 

I don't know... I remember the Dinosaurs Alive teaser videos...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/1/2018 at 11:39 AM, chugh43 said:

I'd say it's 50/50. It could be a bored associate, but it could also be an official giga tease . Ever since Diamondback, they have spent a lot of time on teasing the GP and loving every second of it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

I'd say it's 50/50. It could be a bored associate, but it could also be an official giga tease . Ever since Diamondback, they have spent a lot of time on teasing the GP and loving every second of it.

It was almost certainly an associate.

• Like 3