2018 Construction in Coney Mall

jdf21972

Hmm. Maybe it came from the kid that initiated this discussion...maybe QuantumMechanicsInMotion is an associate, maybe they did it. The kid knew the date it was posted and wrote a catchy news feed on it. My bet is on that kid, either him or chugh43...they knew dates and wrote scheme news feeds there after. 

-The Queen of Chess. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

Seeing as I was no where near the park when this showed up, wasn’t me. But that’s funny! What a crazy turn of events that’d be. 

Hmm. My initial instincts led me to think it was the other kid, QuantumMechanicsInMotion. I hold that kid liable for saturating this forum with such implausible information, the act of permeating invalidated information is ethically subordinate.  Hhh...Grow up please, there is an abundance of valid information to discuss. Kids, kids...kids. Please stop playing in the snow. 

-The Queen of Chess. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah that is why I'd love to see another and hoping its KI. People may think bad things about them but from what I know MF @ CP works just fine. Its also one of the most popular  / best coasters in the world!! its my own opinion I just love their coasters. I want to ride the Hershey Intamins so bad! I need to get there! 

• Like 2

Hershey is a nice park.  I haven`t been there since they added Skyrush though.  While Millenium Force has been relatively trouble free, Top Thrill Dragster has had its fair share of issues.  And when I was at Knott`s back in April of 2015, Xcelerator was also down due to maintenance related issues.  Intamin has had some great rides.  I love Millinium Force as well (and thoroughly enjoy Wicked Twister, and Maverick now that it has the new restraints on it).  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Yeah Intamins are literally my top 3 fav. Call me a fanboy ( cuz I am) lol

Maybe Intamin has been quite in the US and has been working on somethings. I'd just like to see one in Ki to have the park a verity of coasters. 

I like the Intamins I have been on.  The only complaint I have is the restraint.  On TTD, they need to have about an inch more on the seatbelt.  

In theory I'd love to have an Intamin GiGa at KI.  I just don't know how feasible ThAt is at ThIs point.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Yeah that is why I'd love to see another and hoping its KI. People may think bad things about them but from what I know MF @ CP works just fine. Its also one of the most popular  / best coasters in the world!! its my own opinion I just love their coasters. I want to ride the Hershey Intamins so bad! I need to get there! 

Hershey is a great place and 2 out of the 3 Intamin Coasters are fun. Storm Runner is fantastic (and along with Lightning Racer and Great Bear, is one of my favorite coasters there) and Farenheit is fun. Skyrush looks fun, but it's painful as it crushes your theighs, especially in a wing seat. Ymmv, but imo, just do it for the credit and move on any of three nearby coasters (Great Bear, sooperdooperlooper or Comet).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

As I have said before, I would be surprised if Cedar Fair gets a new Intamin.  I believe that the last new Intamin coaster installed in the United States was Skyrush at Hershey back in 2012.

Wave Breaker opened at SeaWorld San Antonio in 2017 and Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts at Universal Studios Florida in 2014. They've definitely been less active in the U.S. though.

48 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

Skyrush looks fun, but it's painful as it crushes your theighs, especially in a wing seat. Ymmv, but imo, just do it for the credit and move on any of three nearby coasters (Great Bear, sooperdooperlooper or Comet).

I agree that Skyrush crushes your thighs, but in my opinion the sheer speed and intensity of the ride make it worth it. I'd obviously prefer to avoid the discomfort, but I'll accept it.

• Like 4