2018 Construction in Coney Mall

jdf21972

4 minutes ago, RITA, THE QUEEN OF SPEED said:

I think that your caustic commentary is comical, especially being that you're missing a characteristic that either life or your parents should have taught you. 

Actually life has taught me that it's not really that fun to rip apart internet trolls such as yourself. Especially ones with a poor persona. Being wordy and trying to talk down on people is only going to really get the weakest people upset. Most people experienced with internet trolls will just roll their eyes at the schtick. As for the mods, a simple IP check would probably determine your regular username on here and be able to expose you to the world. And if you were smart enough to evade that, it takes less time to ban a troll account than it does to create one, so it's just a matter of time until you get frustrated and quit. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

^^ They are taking advantage of us? How so?

It's a conspiracy, man. They use grammar to get in your head and make you conform to society, man. Next thing you know, you'll have to get a job and pay some bills, man. :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RITA, THE QUEEN OF SPEED said:

Hmm. A KIC Administrator writing posts with sentence fragments, improper punctuation and diction is really problematic and needs to be reviewed being that the usage of illiteracy is a violation of the code of conduct. Any forum administrator should be aware of what the violations are and be in adherence to the rule and regulation policies. I find it to be an abuse of authority when administration administrates rules that others need to adhere to, but administration stretches those same rules and regulations. Now that I have collected my thoughts, I've come to the realization that any administration that can take utter advantage of the code of conduct has the capability to take advantage of you, me or anyone else who's in adherence to these stretchy polices. In life, I always encourage people to be fully aware of authorities trying to take advantage of them. 

Be aware and review the code of conduct!

Ya got me! You are right, that was a poorly written post. In the the days of text to speech and being on mobile, some grammar is not going to be on par with what it should be. As moderators we understand that. We do not moderate grammar unless it is totally unreadable and/or makes no sense. As moderators we have to make decisions which are best for the community. Those decisions will not make everyone happy. I do find it funny you want me and others to adhere to the policies , but your post is in violation of several itself. 

If you do not like how KIC admin are moderating you are more than welcome to send us a PM about your concerns. 

• Like 19

35 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Ya got me! You are right, that was a poorly written post. In the the days of text to speech and being on mobile, some grammar is not going to be on par with what it should be. As moderators we understand that. We do not moderate grammar unless it is totally unreadable and/or makes no sense. As moderators we have to make decisions which are best for the community. Those decisions will not make everyone happy. I do find it funny you want me and others to adhere to the policies , but your post is in violation of several itself. 

If you do not like how KIC admin are moderating you are more than welcome to send us a PM about your concerns. 

This makes sense to me. I think people have a habit of reading forum rules and immediately jumping to the most cartoonishly exaggerated worst case scenario with delusions of fascism. If you really think about it, most of them are common sense. Be mindful of others. If it's something you can't say in a public place, don't say it here.

I'm assuming the grammar policy either is linked to correct spelling of ride names, trademarks, etc. (IIRC that was a bit of thing a few years) or text-talk (which how much time do you really save spelling "tho" instead of "though" or "ppl" instead of "people?"). Am I mistaken? 

The moderators don't even have the time to worry about missing comma nor every sentence that incorrectly ends with "to" or "of" and I just don't see anybody getting banned for saying "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less."  So this idea that we're being taken advantage of is simply unrealistic.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Back to our normally scheduled thread. Assuming the construction is a restaurant, what kind of seating do you think we will see? The same at Island Smokehouse? 

Personally, I'd love an Island Smokehouse Part II - I thought it was well thought out and even when the line was pretty long, it moved fast and the bottleneck of the checkout seemed lessened somehow compared to other places. I'd really like to see lots of indoor seating or covered seating, kind of like the Chicken Shack in Action Zone. Either way, a new restaurant will help dilute the traffic at the other restaurants in CM, which will make me super happy! 

• Like 3

^^YES!!!! Yes yes yes.....

Feeding my younglings is always a chore, anything covered or air conditioned makes it easier...hah. If they lay it out like Soak City on the line side of things, it should operate pretty efficiently as well. Fingers crossed! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, spooky21 said:

Indoor seating is all I ask. We need more places to eat indoors.

I cannot agree with you enough on this. I love being able to eat outside when I want to...but I'd also like to eat inside when it's just too hot or the weather is a little bit too damp. It's not fun trying to eat your food while it's raining.

• Like 7

I say it's about time that Kings Island Diamondback opened-air stadium seats are getting refurbished. Diamondback's older stadium seating weren't aging alluringly, they were optically unappealing and were in desperate need of refurbishment. Now, the seats are not orange in color, but black which could be its official, new look for the 2018 operating season. I say, "could", because the seats probably weren't painted yet which was the discussion on instagram. I'll share an instagram picture of the newly refurbished Diamondback stadium seats here on Kings Island Central. I'd like to know what you all think about the alleged new look of Diamondback. FYI, this instagram picture was posted on January 9th, 2018

My take on it is, I'll find the seating more appealing if they are black rather than the original orange open-air stadium seating. The trains are already sleek in design being that it alluringly exists with steel and fiberglass.

Here's the link to cite my sources. All thanks and credit goes to fyecoasters16. Thanks for sharing:)

I'd like to know what you think now. 

Edited by QuantumMechanicsInMotion
Diction and Embedded Link
  • Like 6

Well, considering the older seats weren't painted to get their color, they were molded in orange (the black showing as they aged wasn't the underside showing: as the top surface got rough from wear and I believe sun damage, it drew dirt and possibly mold which looked black), if the photo of the new seats is accurate, then it is safe to assume that is the color they will continue to be. 

• Like 3

The original photo came from a maintenance worker on Facbeook in a group. It's fair to assume we'll be seeing the black seats on Diamondback in 2018. They've attempted to have the orange seats cleaned/fixed/etc. by those in maintenance and 3rd parties and the damage is too far gone. 

There are several B&M Coasters that have either black or really dark colors on their seats. I'd rather not see anyone wear booty shorts anyway...so if they do...serves 'em right for getting their buns toasted. :P

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

The original photo came from a maintenance worker on Facbeook in a group. It's fair to assume we'll be seeing the black seats on Diamondback in 2018. They've attempted to have the orange seats cleaned/fixed/etc. by those in maintenance and 3rd parties and the damage is too far gone. 

There are several B&M Coasters that have either black or really dark colors on their seats. I'd rather not see anyone wear booty shorts anyway...so if they do...serves 'em right for getting their buns toasted. :P

Speaking for all teenage/young adult guys... don't stop wearing booty shorts, please.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, mayaman2 said:

Speaking for all teenage/young adult guys... don't stop wearing booty shorts, please.

I don't wanna sound creepy, but if they are of sufficient age, us older guys don't usually mind either. :)

But yes, i don't feel the least amount of empathy for people who wear clothing without forethought. Like people who wear short skirts to NYE parties.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1