2018 Construction in Coney Mall

jdf21972

If true, I applaud this move.  The seats have looked rather disgusting the last few years.  I would appreciate the switch.  Although, it will definitely look different.  Over time, we will get used to it, I am sure.

Keep in mind that when Drop Tower first opened, it didn`t have the black seats that it has now.

• Like 7

I'm glad they're taking care of some of the 'smaller' things. (Not saying new seats with a different color are 'small'.) It makes me wonder if there will be some other smaller changes around the park for this year compared to other years.

• Like 2

I asked the park if the FB post is true. The PR department has not seen any new seats, so no official word from them. 

If the picture is legit, I am thinking the new black seats will be hard to get used to, but will be very sleek on the trains when we do get used to them.

• Like 4

^Can't find any pics currently, but Fury's seats are just as bad up near the headrests and it's only 2 years old. I think it must have something ti do with some of the chemicals in hair gel or other products because Fury and DB are not the only B&M seats I have seen this condition on. 

One would think the maintenance department would address this in the offseason provided they can find a cleaning product that would safely remove the stains. I dunno??

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KingsMills79 said:

^Can't find any pics currently, but Fury's seats are just as bad up near the headrests and it's only 2 years old. I think it must have something ti do with some of the chemicals in hair gel or other products because Fury and DB are not the only B&M seats I have seen this condition on. 

One would think the maintenance department would address this in the offseason provided they can find a cleaning product that would safely remove the stains. I dunno??

DFoUOSvXgAAQfJt.jpgThere you go.

• Like 6

EDIT: Nevermind. When I replied, it now shows. My bad, chad_1138. 
The picture is locked. When I click on it, it says you don’t have permission to view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So ki food blog retweeted cp food blog... But aren't both of those not actually officially Cedar Fair sources... So it's really no different from me tweeting something (possibly false) and then citing it here in the forum as a source just because it was tweeted by someone. Am I wrong here... Is cp food blog actually in the know and a legitimate source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

@KingsMills79 I have no idea. But your theory of hair product chemicals causing this does make sense. I feel that if B&M invested a little time into finding the issue they could likely fix it, but I don't think they care and I don't think CF&KI care either. I guess they just accept it the way it is and it isn't like guest complain about the quality of the seats. Really, I suppose they don't see the "ugly seat" as an issue and until they do, the seats won't change.

• Like 3

As an RN, I can assure you that the human body, even after a lengthy cleaning process, can be disgusting. The headrests, armrests and clamshells are where the majority of the human oils, sweat and other body fluids come into contact with the rider. You can see the same on the lap bars of The Beast and The Racer. The green slime that grows is more vexing to me.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Yeah I wonder what causes that!

I'm thinking it was a breakdown in material.....sun exposure probably doesn't help. 

1 hour ago, Xdog42 said:

@KingsMills79 I have no idea. But your theory of hair product chemicals causing this does make sense. I feel that if B&M invested a little time into finding the issue they could likely fix it, but I don't think they care and I don't think CF&KI care either. I guess they just accept it the way it is and it isn't like guest complain about the quality of the seats. Really, I suppose they don't see the "ugly seat" as an issue and until they do, the seats won't change.

The person who I saw the original picture from (works in maintenance) has stated that they tried to fix the seats as well as having 3rd parties trying to improve them with no success. 

Can anyone photoshop the seats to be black?

@MDMC01 I highly doubt they'd get rid of the stadium style seating....that'd have to reconfigure the programming for the station, they'd have to get new chasis, and they'd have to reconfigure the PLC system. 

Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens Williamsburg does have black seats on it....there are quite a few B&Ms that have black or dark seats.

apollos-chariot-lift-hill.jpg

Source: http://www.coastercritic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/apollos-chariot-lift-hill.jpg

Edited by chugh43
Added photo of example
  • Like 3