2018 Construction in Coney Mall

jdf21972

Assuming the construction is a restaurant, what other improvements do you think we will see down the CM midway?

I would like to see some statues, water fountains, or some other decorations besides a new car parked in the grassy islands. (Not sure of their technical names?)

• Like 4

Assuming the construction is a restaurant, what other improvements do you think we will see down the CM midway?
I would like to see some statues, water fountains, or some other decorations besides a new car parked in the grassy islands. (Not sure of their technical names?)

I would love to have more water fountains put in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

As would I!!! I miss the old KI before PKI. Haha I'd like to also see string lighting all over CM.

That's honestly been one of the things I have been dying to see here at KI since Knott's put them in on their boardwalk area and then CP put them in on the Gemini Midway. 

Yes please! 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

a new car parked in the grassy islands. (Not sure of their technical names?)

Motor Vehicles.

String lighting would be cool, but I am guessing that given KI’s earlier closing hours in general there would be less bang for the buck especially during the peak summer months.  Still it would just be a small fraction of the amount used for Winterfest I don’t see it as a huge stretch.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just a general observation about Coney Mall:

In 2011, the park added WindSeeker, removed the asphalt and placed pavers on the ground.

2014, Shake Rattle and Roll received a refurbishment, including new paint and LED lighting.

2016, Scrambler received a refurbishment, including new paint and LED lighting. 

2017, Dodgems added LED lighting package

2018 - full project unknown, speculation of new rides and what the new building will be. 

I'm thinking, although it's been 7 years since the "rehab" of Coney Mall has started, each aspect of change in the area is leading to a refreshed Coney Mall. I know that sometimes parks will spread the expense out for one project in different years. 

While I don't believe there will be a new ride in Coney Mall in 2018, I feel like there could be one coming to the area (or close if not exactly in Coney Mall) with the continual improvements (no matter how big or small). I definitely think it's part of the grand scheme of things for a new ride. The new building coming for 2018, whether it houses retail or a restaurant (likely) is all a part of the grand scheme of things.

/random ramblings

Edited by chugh43
Added info for 2017
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Just a general observation about Coney Mall:

In 2011, the park added WindSeeker, removed the asphalt and placed pavers on the ground.

2014, Shake Rattle and Roll received a refurbishment, including new paint and LED lighting.

2016, Scrambler received a refurbishment, including new paint and LED lighting. 

2018 - full project unknown, speculation of new rides and what the new building will be. 

I'm thinking, although it's been 7 years since the "rehab" of Coney Mall has started, each aspect of change in the area is leading to a refreshed Coney Mall. I know that sometimes parks will spread the expense out for one project in different years. 

While I don't believe there will be a new ride in Coney Mall in 2018, I feel like there could be one coming to the area (or close if not exactly in Coney Mall) with the continual improvements (no matter how big or small). I definitely think it's part of the grand scheme of things for a new ride. The new building coming for 2018, whether it houses retail or a restaurant (likely) is all a part of the grand scheme of things.

/random ramblings

I could see a refurbishment to the monster in the coming years. I think KI should take advantage of the various plots of land scattered around Coney Mall and BLSC and add in some different flats. 

• Like 6

I honestly hope if we have another Major Construction/Speculation thread in the future we call it Decoding: Episode 3. It would make my entire year! :D 

A restaurant in Coney Mall would be a good idea IMHO as a casual restaurant is kind of missing in that area, most of the food places in Coney Mall are those without the feel of a restaurant, mostly just stands, like there is no big place to sit at next to the restaurants that makes you feel, oh I'm eating at Skyline! Its mostly a your eating in the Midway feel, its kind of hard to describe lol. :) 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, YOULLBEBACK said:

The park really does nothing for my 9 year old.  Too old for Planet Snoopy, too young for coasters.  The park is lacking in small to mid size flat rides for this demographic. 

I was in that situation for a few years with my youngest.  Is yours just not ready for the high thrills or is it a height issue?   Kiefer was just a water park kid for several years, to tall for kiddie rides but coasters and even most flats were just to scary for him.  It finally changed two summers ago when was 10.   I didn’t push him but was clear that if he didn’t want to ride I wasn’t going to hold his older brother back and he could stay home.  

5 hours ago, stashua123 said:

Its mostly a your eating in the Midway feel, its kind of hard to describe lol. :)

I will give that a shot:   No need for extra salt on your fries.   The sweat dripping down on them flavors them quite nicely, if not makeing them a bit soggy.   

• Like 2