2018 Construction in Coney Mall

jdf21972

They open in two months but have only been closed about six weeks. I am sure they'll get the Winterfest decorations down before the park opens, but right now are probably focusing more on stuff like ride maintenance that can be done indoors. I know I've been avoiding the cold! :)

Although it is supposed to be unseasonably warm here soon. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

They open in two months but have only been closed about six weeks. I am sure they'll get the Winterfest decorations down before the park opens, but right now are probably focusing more on stuff like ride maintenance that can be done indoors. I know I've been avoiding the cold! :)

Although it is supposed to be unseasonably warm here soon. 

April 14th? That is only 1 month!? Or am I confused

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Oh Oh Oh I wonder what's going on!

On a side note, On the Diamondback cam the tower lower left of cam. I see caution tape on the tower?

Interesting. A hint at something 300 plus feet high is coming, or is it because they just need to weld some of the bars on the observation deck? Nice catch, by the way.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2018 at 11:51 PM, silver2005 said:

Racer's turns are fine.  The only real major turns are the turn-arounds at each end.  The are rough parts all throughout the hills, particularly in the valleys.   Its way overdue for a solid re-tracking.  

They definitely should consider re-tracking the entire thing but working at WindSeeker/Vortex so i'm pretty close to Racer's turnaround, I can confirm that they re-tracked some sections of the blue side, during the season, but considering it wasn't a whole lot I could see it being a while until the whole thing is given some TLC.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JCJTheHurricane said:

They definitely should consider re-tracking the entire thing but working at WindSeeker/Vortex so i'm pretty close to Racer's turnaround, I can confirm that they re-tracked some sections of the blue side, during the season, but considering it wasn't a whole lot I could see it being a while until the whole thing is given some TLC.

The bunny hills kill me-instead of airtime I feel pain in my lap. If GCI or GG could come in and fix those hills I'd be satisfied

• Like 4

On 2/12/2018 at 3:08 PM, Maverick44 said:

Speaking of the cam's I still see Christmas décor lol I wonder when that will come down as they open in about a month lol

Christmas decor has  been up for awhile now. It wasn't until mid January that the wreath was taken down and the Christmas Tree was still up last weekend in the front with the WF sign on the entry way. (This was from me driving on the road next to KI, not going on property because that is trespassing which is wrong)

• Like 2