2018 Construction in Coney Mall

jdf21972

4 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

^^ I know. I just focus so much on the coasters I never make it to the waterpark. I need to start going for 2 days haha

No need for that.   We usually leave Cbus a bit before 9 to arrive for 10:30 ERT at SC have lunch around 1-2, shower then drive over to the dry park and can usually find a close open spot about that time.  Then stay until close or everyone is tired, home by midnight.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gforce1994 said:

Wonder if the bbq joint could also serve ribs like at Carowinds? Could it be feasible?

Sure it is feasible but there are several challenges.  Ribs are more expensive than pork butt so I don’t ever expect them on a meal plan.    They are more difficult to prepare in that they have thin membrane on the backside that is a real pain to peel off. (Both spare and back ribs)  While ribs are very forgiving in cooking, the timing is much more precise with ribs than pork butt or brisket and can’t really be measured with a thermometer. 

Skill and experience is required to a much greater degree to produce an acceptable outcome.  Something likely in good supply in the Carolinas for an acceptable price and harder to obtain in the Cincy area.   

I even occasionaly screw up and produce “fall off the bone” ribs while still tasty are a mess and more akin to pulled pork than generally accepted quality bbq ribs.   They need to have a bit of bite still to them.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

Now there’s an update on Screamscape. They’re reporting that it looking confirmed regarding the BBQ joint.

And they cite the same article linked above, which got it's info here. We've known for months that it was going to be a BBQ restaurant. 

• Like 2