2018 Construction in Coney Mall

jdf21972

10 minutes ago, JubJester said:

Air hockey is one of the few I play. Don't have to carry anything. There's no prize so I don't have to worry. I did however almost accidently hit the puck into the sewer grate by The Beast. Those things will fly off easily without any effort.

I love air hockey. I think I get so distracted about what coaster I want to do next, I pay not attention to games. Coasters and food/drink lol

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Stoan said:

It gets congested back there? I don't think I've ever seen more than like 20 people in line for WindSeeker.

The area right in front of jukebox diner definitely though.

I believe it does. Especially during Haunt. With Fast Lane entrance back toward Action Theater, the exit for Vortex and where the exit for WindSeeker is, it gets congested. Urgent Scare isn't my favorite haunt, but in recent years, walking back toward it, I'm fighting crowds to get to it. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

They could put 20 more in the park for all I care as long as they handed out deflated basketballs.  

They can inflate them to the point of taking shape, but when bounced they thud on the ground. :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 3/17/2018 at 2:56 PM, Shawn Meyer said:

I just wish they had more team prizes to win. I'd play the football game by Racer if they had an Indianapolis Colts pillow to try and win.

But they got the Steelers, so at least you can win that then set it on fire.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Stoan said:
On 3/17/2018 at 2:56 PM, Shawn Meyer said:

I just wish they had more team prizes to win. I'd play the football game by Racer if they had an Indianapolis Colts pillow to try and win.

But they got the Steelers, so at least you can win that then set it on fire.

Well, if he's looking for Colts gear, something tells me he doesn't hate the Steelers as much as us Bengals fans do.

• Like 2

Well you can join me and just hate on teams!     I am starting to think this is better than being a fan, there are just so many to choose from.  

Patriots (of course)

Cowboys (obnoxious fans)

Rams (ownership)

Raiders (the “gang” team)

Eagles, Chiefs (Vick)

Havent developed a hatred for the Steelers yet but maybe you guys could help me out with that.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

^ Mike Vick never played for the Chiefs (unless he was on their preseason roster but never the regular season roster).

However, in good news for you, he did play for the Steelers (as well as the Jets, Eagles & Falcons) so you can transfer that hate from the Chiefs to the Steelers if its just there because they employed Mike Vick at some point.

• Like 4

Back on topic.......

I'm really thinking we'll see several infrastructure changes this year, not just in Coney, but in various areas  of  the park.

As far as the new Coney restaurant....any guesses on how the building will look? What menu choices do you think it will offer? Inside seating -- yes or no? Coke Freestyle Machines or not? 

• Like 6

I'm hopeful that they will offer the same menu as the Island Smokehouse but also offer the Gourmet Mac and Cheese as well.  I think inside it will look similar to the Smokehouse with outdoor patio seating.  I would love to see more indoor seating though.

I agree that we will see many infrastructure improvements around the park.

• Like 4

When it comes to the Coney Mall restaurant,  I think it will look a lot like the Smokehouse in Soak City, mixed with the funnel cake building in Rivertown.

Like @Rivertown Rider said, I think the Mac and Cheese will be a part of the menu along with the items that were sold in the Smokehouse last year. 

I say it will offer both inside and outside seating, but mostly inside.

Finally, I hope and think that there will be Coca-Cola Freestyles inside. 

• Like 6

Given the Freestyles were pulled from Island Smokehouse and there is a Freestyle stand close by I wouldn’t hold my breath for that, but one can hope.  I suspect with all the choices they just back the lines up to much.  

Just meat and vegetables is all I can have. Smoked asparagus is really good but I know that’s not happening. A salad with something more than a tomato wedge would be nice but am resigned to it just being a snack shack for me. 

Will be really disappointed if it is just gourmet mac and cheese. 

• Like 4

I am not sure if this means anything but KD is adding a new restaurant to their " coney mall" area Candy apple road. It is going to be " The Mac Bowl". Could be happening at KI as well.

Also seem as if Diamondback and Banshee cams are down.

• Like 2