jdf21972

2018 Construction in Coney Mall

Anyone think it will be an off year for rides?   In 2016-2017 they added a ride/slides in Soak City and the next year added a restaurant, in that same time in 2016 Rivertown they built a new funnel cake restaurant and added a ride in 2017.  For 2018 could be a new restaurant and 2019 new flat rides package.  Time will tell if this is right.  

5 hours ago, Imperial79 said:

Anyone think it will be an off year for rides?   In 2016-2017 they added a ride/slides in Soak City and the next year added a restaurant, in that same time in 2016 Rivertown they built a new funnel cake restaurant and added a ride in 2017.  For 2018 could be a new restaurant and 2019 new flat rides package.  Time will tell if this is right.  

I've been fairly confident for a couple months now the only thing new to KI next year will be the new Coney restaurant. However, as far as 2019 goes, I'm suspecting something much larger than a couple flats. As you say though, time will tell.

22 hours ago, fryoj said:

If they had the capability and desire to change the shed videos, they would have done it for haunt. 

Actually they didn't need to change it.  

On 11/4/2017 at 5:00 PM, chugh43 said:

I wouldn't count on the shed changing....that'd require Holovis and IOE to come in and change the programming for it....IOE I know is busy with other projects.

Unless they arranged those scenes in the original contract. 

16 minutes ago, WWC2003Amy said:

Actually they didn't need to change it.  

Unless they arranged those scenes in the original contract. 

It's not likely....as I know IOE on a very personal level and they have mentioned that it won't be switched for Winterfest in the conversations we've had.

19 hours ago, rcwizard13 said:

I've been fairly confident for a couple months now the only thing new to KI next year will be the new Coney restaurant. However, as far as 2019 goes, I'm suspecting something much larger than a couple flats. As you say though, time will tell.

There will be more than a new restaurant next year. How do you market that to get people through the gate? And that, is what it's all about. 

There have been years where KI hasn`t added new attractions.  Keep in mind that Cedar Fair has announced all attractions and general improvements that they are doing to the parks.  While KI hasn`t mentioned anything specifically, in a Cedar Fair press release they stated that KI (along with other parks) would be getting enhanced food options for next year.  

They do not necessarily need to have a new ride to market every year.  They can still push Mystic Timbers, and the second year of Winterfest.  Personally, I am super excited to experience Winterfest in a few weeks.

On 11/5/2017 at 2:14 PM, Imperial79 said:

I think off year. If there was going to be a flat ride package, odds are, they would have announced it by now to boost season pass sales. 

I'm thinking it may be announced close to Christmas (if they want an in-park announcement), or maybe after Christmas (either in-park or not) to reveal "Christmas present(s)" for 2018. Would be cool if they did it on Dec. 30th (this year's actual Closing Day- however, this year's "Closing Day" festivities were pretty memorable :D)

27 minutes ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

On Kings Island's official Snapchat story today, they posted a photo of the Royal Fountain ice skating rink on International Street with a giant crane in the background in the Coney Mall area. 

I don't have Snapchat but this might be the same picture.  Posted from their Kings Island Twitter page.

23 minutes ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

I took a screenshot of the Snap story. Do I need a specific citation in order to post it, or do I give credit to their Snapchat?

Just say that it's from the park's Snapchat. Normally you're supposed to provide a link back to the source, but that's impossible with Snapchat, so saying where it's from is all you can do.