2018 Construction in Coney Mall

jdf21972

Yeah, I wouldn't expect more than a FB or Blog post if it's just a restaurant. Something under the radar as its certainly not going to sell tickets. Making a big deal out of it will just lead to it being compared to what other parks are doing and make the park look inferior to them. At some point they will probably post a picture of the construction with a caption like "Construction is underway for a new restaurant in Coney Mall" And that'll be it. 

• Like 2

I suspect we are correct about what this will be.  We are likely looking at a new restaurant.  Based on when the work started I suspect this is for Winterfest.

Which means I would expect this to be announced along with the rest of Winterfest.  Because the park still needs to announce rides, shows, etc.

• Like 3

On 9/12/2017 at 10:09 AM, Mystic.Timber1 said:

No this is not for a ride its for a dry park smoke house. I have a friend who worked in attitudes but now got moved to another store and they told her why she got moved...for a smoke house, she is reliable because she was a supervisor of attitudes.

Might not be a big deal but, be careful.  Sometimes corporations don't like info getting out until its officially announced.  I am sure if someone from the company read this they could easily figure out who your friend is and she could get in trouble.  Not that she would, that info really shouldn't matter, but some organizations are strict with these things.

Side note:  Even though its probably not the Antique Cars coming back.  I really think it would be cool to turn the Dino path into the new Antique Car track.  Wishful thinking.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, KIBeast said:

Not many here would get your reference of Electric Boogaloo, but that really made me laugh. Whenever I see a sequel to a movie, I always add that in to the title. 

Now, on topic, it's interesting to say the least. I hope it is a sit down restaurant as my old butt needs a nice place to be seated while eating. :lol:

Yeah, I think I got that reference from Terpy (or someone else on here, can't remember...)! ^_^

• Like 1

Call me naive, but when the Smokehouse "restaurant" in Soak City was announced, I picturing a real, you know, restaurant.  I was surprised to go in the first time to find out it was basically a large (but very nice) building simply containing only a very long queue line for a twenty foot long cafeteria-style serving station.  I think they reeeaaalllly stretched the definition of "restaurant" on that one.  A sit down version would be a nice thing, but I imagine that cafeteria style and picnic tables is what we will get.

• Like 6

I'm thinking Kings Island will receive a large capital investment in 2019. Yes, I feel the time has finally come for the giga. Hopefully Kings Island could really spruce up the Coney mall area and create an amazing plaza like Fury 325's, Leviathan's or even Banshee's. Only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I really want to say its a Giga, but it just feels so soon. We just got Mystic Timbers this year and it would be great to get that CP treatment of getting a coaster once every 3 years, But in my heart, It just feels like other parks like CanW and CGA deserve a coaster before us (they both might likely get a coaster in 2019) then I feel in 2020 the Company will give attention to CW and a smaller park. IMO the most realistic year for this coaster to come is 2021 or 22 at least at this point the company has given love to the other parks and can spend and give their attention to KI so they can give us a great ride. But at the same time, I won't complain if CF gives us a Giga in 2019 but I will be very surprised.

• Like 5

I really want to say its a Giga, but it just feels so soon. We just got Mystic Timbers this year and it would be great to get that CP treatment of getting a coaster once every 3 years, But in my heart, It just feels like other parks like CanW and CGA deserve a coaster before us (they both might likely get a coaster in 2019) then I feel in 2020 the Company will give attention to CW and a smaller park. IMO the most realistic year for this coaster to come is 2021 or 22 at least at this point the company has given love to the other parks and can spend and give their attention to KI so they can give us a great ride. But at the same time, I won't complain if CF gives us a Giga in 2019 but I will be very surprised.

Rides are not installed on a set timetable. Attractions are added per business needs. So if customers are wanting a Giga, they will build one if the ROI is a +. Things change all the time. It’s not what park gets what every year, it’s business demand. In order to stay competitive the business needs to provide what the customer wants.

• Like 4

If Kentucky Kingdom were to get a hyper coaster it would only put more pressure on Kings Island to get a giga. Take SFOG and Carowinds. After Goliath in 2006, Cedar Fair invested over 53 million USD into Carowinds.

• Like 2

I personally would like to see an X Base expansion. With a couple flat rides added such as a gerstlauer sky roller or S&S Space Shot Tower. And a path with some hangar themed buildings that will encase restrauraunts, restrooms, and to top off a B&M winged Coaster were Dinosaurs Alive is currently at. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

CGA is getting a coaster next year called RailBlazer.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I forgot about that coaster! With all the hype associated with SV I really did forget about the other coasters CF announced for their other parks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hmrapp said:

If Kentucky Kingdom were to get a hyper coaster it would only put more pressure on Kings Island to get a giga. Take SFOG and Carowinds. After Goliath in 2006, Cedar Fair invested over 53 million USD into Carowinds.

KK can't get a hyper coaster.  They can't build even close to 200 ft. and that line where they can build high is already packed with rides. 

• Like 3