Jump to content

2018 Construction in Coney Mall


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ya got me! You are right, that was a poorly written post. In the the days of text to speech and being on mobile, some grammar is not going to be on par with what it should be. As moderators we underst

A Ferris Wheel would most likely be circular

Don could post a picture about a porta-pottie and you all would speculate a X-base bathroom 

Posted Images

I'd rather have the new smokehouse, If I can get the amazing food I had in Soak City this year inside the park without having to go to Soak City (I don't normally do waterparks unless someone in the party wants to, which is almost never), then it's a win in my book! 

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rhyano said:

I'd rather have the new smokehouse, If I can get the amazing food I had in Soak City this year inside the park without having to go to Soak City (I don't normally do waterparks unless someone in the party wants to, which is almost never), then it's a win in my book! 

The Smokehouse is going to be a very good addition. Besides, why would KI just pour new footers in Tower Gardens for Winterfest, just to tear them out weeks later to put in antique cars? Hmmmm......

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

The Smokehouse is going to be a very good addition. Besides, why would KI just pour new footers in Tower Gardens for Winterfest, just to tear them out weeks later to put in antique cars? Hmmmm......

Repeat after me, those footers can be used as footers for the lightposts.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gforce1994 said:

Repeat after me, those footers can be used as footers for the lightposts.

So they are doing all of these Winterfest preparations knowing that they are going to have to do it completely differently next year? You'd think that they'd do them wherever they were going to do it next year rather than having to do it twice. Not to mention, doing it this way forces the construction crew to wait till the dead of Winter to start construction on the ride path. I mean if you think it makes more sense to spend more money and make things harder on everyone, then repeat on....

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2017 at 9:25 PM, gforce1994 said:

Repeat after me, those footers can be used as footers for the lightposts.

Yes, light post footers are the first thing to be installed in the construction process because project managers love it when there are a bunch of concrete obstructions all over the area they are trying to excavate. It really speeds things up!

  • Like 5
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

Yes, light post footers are the first thing to be installed in the construction process because project managers love it when there are a bunch of concrete obstructions all over the area they are trying to excavate. It really speeds things up!

If you look at the placement of the footers, they still leave accessible routes for vehicles. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

If you look at the placement of the footers, they still leave accessible routes for vehicles. 

Dude....let's get real....these footings are for Winterfest and Winterfest only. They are not for light poles for antique cars. Stop drinking the Screamscape koolaid. 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

I've heard that Matt Ouimet isn't for doing ride relocations.  There's a few Rotor rides available for sale if they wanted to buy one. 

Just being the Devil’s Advocate, but he relocated a Dorney Coaster to VF, and did a whole bunch of relocations last year.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't hold my breathe for a Rotor relocation. From my limited understanding, rotors are not the easiest to repair. Not sure if it's the cost, availability (and cost) of parts, or some other challenge. If they are leaving venues, most places are trying to sell to a vendor and if that doesn't happen, scrap it. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

If this the rumored antique cars it will never live up to the original set that Kings Island had.  Just saying.  

I honestly don't think people would really care which is better, they'd be happy to just have the antique cars back. Just saying.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I'm curious to see the state of things in Coney Mall tonight after they've had another week to work. 

I'm betting on the steel framing still being there because I expect they want to reuse it if possible for the presumed new restaurant.

I will be at another CF park tonight. We need pictures!

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
They have to gut the building before they can cut the steel girders that are the supporting structure of the building. This is a standard demolition. The info will be released soon enough.  


As stated from earlier. Demolition is not just a wrecking ball, especially when dealing with confined spaces close to public areas. Stay Tuned...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Zoom in on the photo and survey markers! Plotting it in a map, the approx distance between the new and old Markers is 40 feet N/S direction. Assuming there is equal spacing on E/W side, you get 140 feet. So entire site is 140x40 feet.CE937757-7663-4530-B3A3-A47C53528A5D.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...