Eiffel Tower's Lower Observation Deck

Stitch

Does anyone have or know of a site that features pictures from the lower observation deck on the Eiffel Tower? I don't think I've ever seen what it looks like up there or the view from that point on the tower. To clarify, I am talking about the deck at the base of the tower, just above where the four legs of the tower meet, not the deck at the top you take the elevators to.

I was the one who took those photos for KIC.  I helped KI with some photos for the Wallenda walk in 2009 (I think) and it was appropriate to shot from there - so I got permission to shoot some stuff for KIC.  The paint is flaking and there is bird poop everywhere, so it's kind of gross.  Also the lighting at the time had wires that went everywhere, which would have been a trip hazard if it was open to the public.

I actually spent some time on another 50' observation deck on another Eiffel Tower at another Kings park this summer working for a local fireworks company.  It was so similar that it was eerie. (They are the same Intamin Paris Lattice Tower).  One fun thing that was there was a painted over - but you could still see - Kodak "Photo Opportunity" photo.  

• Like 6