Closure of Dinosaurs Alive and opening of lots of land.

upstop

Dippin Dots guy said it was gonna be the worlds tallest, fastest, longest, most inverted, with a 2 minute hang time and with the worlds longest break run of one mile , giga coaster ever built by B&M called The ‘Velociraptor’ for the sympathy of Dinosaurs Alive going extinct and walk thru metal detectors so you have to put your stuff in lockers for $5 every 30 minutes with a minimum 2 hour wait time for the 2 trains that run on the 10 miles of track. , but I think he was lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/23/2017 at 2:07 PM, Hmrapp said:

Your right! However, if Kings Island were to get a giga and another strong coaster like an RMC I think Kings Island would exceed Cedar Point in its roller coasters. The Kings Island environment is definitely not as strong as the lakeside environment of Cedar Point but that's just one category. Personally I think@Rhyano is correct in the fact the Cedar Point will always be special in its own way but I think that Kings Island has more potential due to the land capacity.

I personally think KI has more charm and beauty than CP. The lake at CP is nice, but it brings seagulls which in turn brings seagull droppings that are all over the rides and rest of the park. KI's ride spacing is much better as well, unlike CP which has to put all of the rides so close together because of lack of space. KI is also cleaner in my opinion and more beautiful because of all of the land and trees. Also, The fountains at the front of KI is one of the best entrances out of any amusement park I've been to.

• Like 5

Let's keep in mind, Kings Island outperformed Cedar Point so far this year in attendance according to Matt Ouimet, and Kings Island is probably the best placed park in the chain(besides Knott's) because of it's close proximity to 6 major cities. Cedar Point is kind of in the middle of nowhere, so they require a resort for people to stay at. Therefore, I don't think DA alive area will be used for a resort because I'm not sure KI needs one, especially with Great Wolf Lodge next door.

• Like 5

Let's keep in mind, Kings Island outperformed Cedar Point so far this year in attendance according to Matt Ouimet, and Kings Island is probably the best placed park in the chain(besides Knott's) because of it's close proximity to 6 major cities. Cedar Point is kind of in the middle of nowhere, so they require a resort for people to stay at. Therefore, I don't think DA alive area will be used for a resort because I'm not sure KI needs one, especially with Great Wolf Lodge next door.

Exactly. I received a lot of disagreeing opinions in my last post about he possibility of giga coming in 2019. Like what you said, the attendance of parks speaks for itself and Kings Island is definitely worthy and deserving of a giga in 2019. About Knott's Berry Farm, Yes, Knott's is located in the heart of SoCal but I personally feel you hear so much more about Cedar Points attendance opposed to SFMM's due to the fact, that in the Midwest there is more priority on amusement parks. Look at states such as Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington and New Mexico, not one large park in any one of those states.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

Let's keep in mind, Kings Island outperformed Cedar Point so far this year in attendance according to Matt Ouimet, and Kings Island is probably the best placed park in the chain(besides Knott's) because of it's close proximity to 6 major cities.

Dennis Speigel has praised Kings Island's location in many interviews. Years ago it used to be extremely hard for people in the Midwest to find any type of coaster over 200 feet without driving to Cedar Point. Now that 200ft coasters are becoming more common, 300ft coasters are extremely hard to come by.

I believe that Kings Island has kept the Midwest in sync with the amusement park world where people don't have to drive 4+ hours just to ride decent coasters. Hopefully we won't have to drive a long distance to ride a giga in the near future.

• Like 3

Personally, if it is at all feasible, I would love to see a giga come to KI. Wonder if RMC would use their TRex track to go that high? Not sure how willing they are to push the envelope with their coasters? That would provide KI with a unique giga not found at any CF park. Just some interesting speculation from me. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

That's a shame. I know it didn't get stellar attendance but there were a lot of families that were disappointed in its leaving. It would be awesome if the whole park was moved to a separate location in the tri-state area and expanded and made an actual attraction but I doubt that would ever happen. 

That would be cool. My son loves the Dino's,  but I want the Giga lol. We went to Disney a few years back & Legoland. That's about a grand for 3 people for 3 days. My sons favorite thing we did that whole trip was go to Dinosaur World just outside Tampa. It was less than 40 bucks for all 3 of us for the day. So I hope they could do an attraction with these Dino's similar to Dinosaur World. But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

• Like 1

For those interested, the company CF worked with for the Dinos is called Dinosaurs Unearthed.  On their "Partnerships" page, they mention that they worked with CF, but I would assume that KI has no interest (not to mention room!) in keeping life size Dinos around if they're not going to use them.  I believe its a safe bet that the whole exhibition was under a lease agreement of some type.  As for Field of Screams, it can always be relocated temporarily for construction if the area is to be reused for something.

http://www.dinosaursunearthed.com/

• Like 2

I'm curious if we'll see a similar approach like what we saw with Banshee. 

1. 2012 Son of Beast's removal is announced and demolition begins shortly after
  2. 2013 Huge Clearing of land and some visual construction and new coaster is announced
  3. 2014 New coaster is opened 

Either that or the land will just stay vacant for next season

• Like 2

It's hard for me to believe that a giga is going to go where DA is when they have that big open area behind Banshee to build on. Why would they want to add to overall cost by clearing out all of the trees where DA currently is, when they could just build it behind Banshee?

• Like 3