Closure of Dinosaurs Alive and opening of lots of land.

upstop

4 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

Not very good according to who? 

With this concept that @SonofBaconator posted....it's a little bigger than the clones we've seen....there could be additional trains, seats, etc. who knows....it'd be silly to say it'd have the same capacity as the clones.

According to math.

Adding rides with less capacity than the lowest capacity rides in the park is not very good. They might be able to add an additional train to the track, but dispatch time is still going to be roughly the same, so it's not really going to change capacity. The cars look the same in the artwork, so that's not going to change capacity either. Unless this thing allows them to somehow have people leave the station quicker than the other versions, capacity will be the same. 

• Like 1

Not very good is a relative term...an opinion. 

Railblazzer at CGA has a theoretical capacity of 640PPH. If we're holding it to the "math" standards...that's not very good as well....Knott's Berry Farm's new coaster, Hang Time has a 800PPH capacity....not much better than the 4D Free Spin Clones.....but still not that great according to "math." 

However, Cedar Fair must think it's good or they wouldn't add these two rides into their parks....so it wouldn't be that far-fetched for them to add a coaster like this that would have a semi-low capacity. 

It's all in the view of who's looking at the "math," it's kind of silly to have a view that "math" says it wouldn't work when Cedar Fair has other rides coming that the math doesn't look that great. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

Not very good is a relative term...an opinion. 

Railblazzer at CGA has a theoretical capacity of 640PPH. If we're holding it to the "math" standards...that's not very good as well....Knott's Berry Farm's new coaster, Hang Time has a 800PPH capacity....not much better than the 4D Free Spin Clones.....but still not that great according to "math." 

However, Cedar Fair must think it's good or they wouldn't add these two rides into their parks....so it wouldn't be that far-fetched for them to add a coaster like this that would have a semi-low capacity. 

It's all in the view of who's looking at the "math," it's kind of silly to have a view that "math" says it wouldn't work when Cedar Fair has other rides coming that the math doesn't look that great. 

You might want to look into the difference between "not very good" and "wouldn't work". I never said they would never put one in a Cedar Fair park. I said the capacity isn't very good. And it's not. The math backs that up. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

That's opinion though....there are many rides that have "not very good" capacities according to "the math" but they seem to be doing awfully well. If they didn't parks wouldn't install them.

So you think 720 riders per hour is a good capacity for a roller coaster? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

For the type it is, yeah. It's not like we're talking about a B&M Hyper or an Intamin Giga....we're talking about a S&S FreeFly coaster. Great Pumpkin Coaster has a capacity of about 350 per hour....is that good capacity for a roller coaster? Sure...for the type it is...but by "math" is it? Nah. 

If they put this is Snoopy land, it'll be great capacity. Otherwise it's bad capacity. You just want to be argumentative.

• Like 2

Actually, I'm not. I asked a question, you responded and I responded as well. I'm looking at it from all view points and I simply stated that Cedar Fair doesn't seem to think the capacity this thing could offer isn't all that bad if they're installing other rides with similar capacities. I also simply stated that a term you used, "Not too good" is an opinion. 

Not argumentative at all. 

• Like 2

You all need your privilege checked. This is a stunning concept where multiple trains can be running at once since there are two break runs in the form of elevators. The design can always be tweaked to accommodate more cars. I'm sure the concept artist would be able to do so. It could even be possible that two trains can be loaded in the station at a time.

Picture1.png

With this design, at least 4 trains can be operating which would be 32 people per cycle since each train would carry 8 riders. Invertigo, in theory, would have lower capacity with 28 people per cycle depending on how fast the ride can load and unload riders. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

You all need your privilege checked. This is a stunning concept where multiple trains can be running at once since there are two break runs in the form of elevators. The design can always be tweaked to accommodate more cars. I'm sure the concept artist would be able to do so. It could even be possible that two trains can be loaded in the station at a time.

Picture1.png

With this design, at least 4 trains can be operating which would be 32 people per cycle since each train would carry 8 riders. Invertigo, in theory, would have lower capacity with 28 people per cycle depending on how fast the ride can load and unload riders. 

You need your knowledge of how capacity works checked.....

It doesn't matter if they can have 100 cars on the track at a time. 10 brake runs and 20 cars spinning at a time doesn't matter. They can stack and load 10 cars at once, but none of that matters. All that matters is how quickly they can dispatch a car from the station and how many people are on the car. And this may actually be slower than that as the ride will be limited to how quickly that elevator can go through a complete cycle. If it takes 1 minute to cycle, the capacity is 480 Riders Per Hour(60 cycles an hour times 8 people per car). If the elevator cycles in 30 seconds(and they can dispatch from the station that quickly) the capacity is 960 RPH(120 cycles times 8).

So it comes down to how long that it takes for the elevator to stop at the bottom, a car to roll out and lock in, the elevator to go to the top, release the car and it clear, and the elevator to go to the bottom again. I really think 60 seconds is going to be close, meaning the capacity is even worse than the smaller versions of this ride. 

So The Joker clone can do 720 people per hour which would result in around 8,640 people per day, which is indeed less than Invertigo which does 850 people per hour at around 10,200 a day. 

Its also true that the Joker relies on 5 trains to reach its capacity where as Invertigo only needs 1. However, the concept presented is unique and, in my opinion, could match the 850 people per ride stats that Invertigo puts out, if mechanics are working properly of course. 

This is just an enthusiast's dream that I know won't come true, however no Joker or 4d coaster has made it to the Ohio region so you can't say that Cedar Fair hasn't at least looked into them. 

3 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

So The Joker clone can do 720 people per hour which would result in around 8,640 people per day, which is indeed less than Invertigo which does 850 people per hour at around 10,200 a day. 

Its also true that the Joker relies on 5 trains to reach its capacity where as Invertigo only needs 1. However, the concept presented is unique and, in my opinion, could match the 850 people per ride stats that Invertigo puts out, if mechanics are working properly of course. 

This is just an enthusiast's dream that I know won't come true, however no Joker or 4d coaster has made it to the Ohio region so you can't say that Cedar Fair hasn't at least looked into them. 

I've not once said they won't build one. It really doesn't matter to me either way. I just think it has bad capacity. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Yeah, thinking of the math, prob more like 400 rph.

5 hours ago, TOPGUN1993 said:

lol Invertigo 850 riders per hour.

Y'all are funny

720 is a great number my friend. ;)

Watched a couple POV's and it looks like a 1:30 actual ride cycle. Didn't see any vids of load/unload, but even if you figure its 30 seconds, thats a 2 minute cycle. 30 cycles per hour times 28 riders is 840 an hour. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Watched a couple POV's and it looks like a 1:30 actual ride cycle. Didn't see any vids of load/unload, but even if you figure its 30 seconds, thats a 2 minute cycle. 30 cycles per hour times 28 riders is 840 an hour. 

It just comes down to how the ride ops are doing, and if guests are having trouble. Its more of an estimate, so somedays it could be 400 and others 840. There are so many factors that could change the number. It just depends.

• Like 2

Honestly it’s probably closer to that 400 number. I’ve rarely seen an efficient crew run that ride and I wouldn’t doubt that the load/unload process takes well over a minute.  To make matters worse they don’t play that music anymore while loading, so not only does it take long but it’s boring.

• Like 1

Adding a coaster that gets less than 1000 pph on average isn't a good business decision for the park.  They don't want people in line, they want people on the midways spending money.  I'm not saying it would be a bad ride, or wouldn't work, but Cedar Fair knows that high capacity rides are a better investment than low capacity.

Think of how much people complain on her about the capacity of Firehawk for example.  The GP doesn't want to stand in line 2 hours for a ride either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, teenageninja said:

Adding a coaster that gets less than 1000 pph on average isn't a good business decision for the park.  They don't want people in line, they want people on the midways spending money.  I'm not saying it would be a bad ride, or wouldn't work, but Cedar Fair knows that high capacity rides are a better investment than low capacity.

Think of how much people complain on her about the capacity of Firehawk for example.  The GP doesn't want to stand in line 2 hours for a ride either.

Ironically, nothing has really been done to improve Firehawk's capacity in the ten years its been at the park.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, KIBeast said:

The coaster enthusiast community here may complain about the capacity on Firehawk, but what does the General Public say? That is far more important as the coaster community makes up less than .000001% of all customers through the gate.

I had friends that didn't want to wait 15 minutes for Mystic Timbers, so I assume they are less willing to wait in line than others.

• Like 2