Closure of Dinosaurs Alive and opening of lots of land.

upstop

10 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

A terrain giga?  Lots of people say they want a mack, but the only coasters they have that is worth anything is two spinoffs of intamin Blitz coasters.

You can say that, but there's no denying they have a much broader appeal, the restraints are *probably* more comfortable than the average Intamin vest restraint, and also they've built way more than two recently, also their hyper coasters are doing extremely well.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Just looking through KI's YouTube channel, thought I'd share these 5 videos:

And here we find the time Don Helbig first learned how to use Windows Movie Maker.

Good riddance...

Anyway, glad those Dinos are gone and we can utilize that land for another Windows Movie Maker teaser.

GIGA

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Something I noticed that I think a lot of people are looking past- the entrance to Dino's Alive also frees up a ton of Coney Mall land as well. This could fit in a nice flat ride or two next to WindSeeker.

dinos land extra 1.png

And if you extend those lines to the Killmart building you'll have double the space. That's about 1/4th of the Coney Mall strip that's barely used.

dinos land extra 2.png

Now I'm no engineer or architect, but if you level the land you could easily fit in an Antique Car ride in that area and possibly have space to spare for a flat.

• Like 8

Scaling by eye (yeah I know, not exactly accurate, so those that know how to crop google maps from one view to another chime in) it would appear that the "tiques they installed at Valleyfair roughly 4-5 years ago would fit into the space b/w DA and kill mart.  It appears that KI's trac of land is a little longer, but a bit narrrower, they could use the Dino cut thru on The Racer to do a "turn around" on the other side, to free up more space.  My memory is telling me that the plot of land at ValleyFair is relatively flat, while the plot of land you mention b/w DA & Killmart has a decent slope from killmart down to DA.  Not sure how much of a grade they would allow on 'Tiques.  If the grade could be worked out, I think it would make for an awesome spot for that type of attraction.

But perhaps that cut threw is being planned for the other access point to X-base when it expands in 2019-2021 :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Something I noticed that I think a lot of people are looking past- the entrance to Dino's Alive also frees up a ton of Coney Mall land as well. This could fit in a nice flat ride or two next to WindSeeker.

And if you extend those lines to the Killmart building you'll have double the space. That's about 1/4th of the Coney Mall strip that's barely used.

Now I'm no engineer or architect, but if you level the land you could easily fit in an Antique Car ride in that area and possibly have space to spare for a flat.

Plenty of room for a Giga Station 

• Like 1

I'm hopeful that we start to have some flats in that area of Coney Mall.  It doesn't make sense to have all that abandoned space right out in the open.  I mean the Killmart building is used less than 20 times a year. I like when the Haunt buildings aren't taking up prime real estate.  Even smaller flats like a Musik Express or a Tilt a Whirl with some LED packages would really liven that area up.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/26/2018 at 1:09 PM, SonofBaconator said:

dinos land extra 1.png

dinos land extra 2.png

I would say this guy is a spy, because if he didn't call that almost spot on, I'm not sure how you could be closer. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/28/2019 at 4:08 PM, lifetimecoaster said:

I would say this guy is a spy, because if he didn't call that almost spot on, I'm not sure how you could be closer. 

Looking back at this I still can't believe I predicted that and how close it was. I couldn't have predicted what they did to the Killmart building though. 

Anyone got anything else they want me to predict?B)

6 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Looking back at this I still can't believe I predicted that and how close it was. I couldn't have predicted what they did to the Killmart building though. 

Anyone got anything else they want me to predict?B)

That it is pretty cool prediction!

Lottery numbers please:P

1 hour ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

RMC?

I don't see one in our distant future to be honest. The enthusiast in me wants me to be wrong but it wouldn't make sense. We don't need one to be quite honest. Racer or The Beast need to be left to GCI to maintain. As for a ground up model, I don't see us getting one. I could go in more depth but I just don't see it with where the park is currently at. Maybe next decade might be more realistic with older coasters biting the dust but even then I just see us getting more B&Ms.

If this was a perfect world I'd want something lower to the ground like Untamed. If we ever got an RMC, I think it would be something like that.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I don't see one in our distant future to be honest. The enthusiast in me wants me to be wrong but it wouldn't make sense. We don't need one to be quite honest. Racer or The Beast need to be left to GCI to maintain. As for a ground up model, I don't see us getting one. I could go in more depth but I just don't see it with where the park is currently at. Maybe next decade might be more realistic with older coasters biting the dust but even then I just see us getting more B&Ms.

If this was a perfect world I'd want something lower to the ground like Untamed. If we ever got an RMC, I think it would be something like that.

I honestly feel an RMC like this would fit in great at the park. But judging from the POV, it seems a tiny bit tame.

• Like 1