What will replace Dinos Alive?

Mystic.Timber1

I'm guessing (hoping) a giga in 2020. It took 2 years from the time they tore SOB down to open Banshee. I think it will be about 2.5 years from the time DA closes to the opening of the giga. I also think the entrance will be between The Racer and FOF and head back over DA. That could be the reasoning in putting the new rumored restaurant next to The Racer. That area will have a lot more traffic with a giga there.

• Like 4

I'm guessing (hoping) a giga in 2020. It took 2 years from the time they tore SOB down to open Banshee. I think it will be about 2.5 years from the time DA closes to the opening of the giga. I also think the entrance will be between The Racer and FOF and head back over DA. That could be the reasoning in putting the new rumored restaurant next to The Racer. That area will have a lot more traffic with a giga there.

Past actions do not reflect future actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KIBeast said:

The mods have decided to keep the 2 threads separate. This thread is for speculations, the other is about its closure. Please post your new attraction ideas here. Thanks!

• Like 3

I personally hope with all the land back there, X-base will be expanded to house new flats, bathrooms, restaurants, and coasters. The area has so much potential to have great theming. If not X-Base, I hope for a new park area with a unique theme, maybe themed to like a safari or jungle kinda thing. Just some ideas. 

• Like 5

While I would be very excited for a giga, I personally would love to see a Mack terrain/launch coaster like Helix. I think it would be a very cool area for a low to the ground launcher with some inversions. But I think no matter what goes in it will be good, they have put in 3 great top tier rides in a row. I'm very confident that they will make a good choice and make an amazing ride.

• Like 5

Could you imagine the energy of that announcement!? "The largest capital investment of this parks 46 years, comes Centurion, the worlds tallest, fastest and longest giga coaster." It gives me goosebumps just thinking that that could be reality in a couple short years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Don is not the ultimate decision maker in something like this.

Right, that was my point. CF knows we love Millie. They know we would love one at KI. I don't think they need Don to tell them. Sorry if my original post did not relay what I was trying to say.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, MaestroJr said:

It's funny cause even the Kings Island twitter page with non-enthusiast want a Giga, then again I don't think Kings Island really needs anything else before a Giga, looking forward to the future! 

I am surprised at the number of GP that has started learning industry names like Giga. I think we can attribute that to Social Media.

• Like 6

Anyone can speculate or hope that votes go towards something; but the decision of what is going to happen to that area was probably made in 2015 or 2016.

Not knocking Don- but he would have very little to do with the decision.  These discussions come from people with last names like: Zimmerman, in consultation with a Witherow.  Maybe a Bender or a Decker.  As well as Scheid and Koontz.  Then a decision is made and a guy with a last name like Ouimet signs a contract, makes an announcement and shakes hands for cameras at an annual event in Florida.  

Or something like that.

• Like 2

Not to mention that Don doesn't need these boards to tell him enthusiasts want a Giga. I think many of them tell him every time they see him! ;)

Don Helbig, Kings Island, Cedar Fair, all are very well aware that it is something widely desired. They will put one in, or not, depending on whether their analyses determine it is the right choice. Fan interest is one factor, but there are many others. 

I think it is entirely possible that the pros outweigh the cons on this one, which is very exciting.

• Like 4

What ultimately is the driving factor is what will bring people through the gates to spend money. It could be a giga. It could be something for the families who spend waaaayyyy more than the enthusiast crowd. I am not against a giga at all, as evidenced by my previous posts (at least those who know me). I would love to see an Intamin giga at that. Anyway, the bottom line is, what will increase CF's bottom line. 

• Like 1