What will replace Dinos Alive?

Mystic.Timber1

If a Giga comes to Kings Island, I feel very confident that it will be a B&M.  

I can't see them putting an Intamin Giga in when there's one up the state at Cedar Point. There is also one at Kings Dominion as well. Putting a third one in at KI just doesn't make sense. 

It gives a variety, and gives people who come from Cedar Point a different experience and vice versa. (More often, too. Since Fury is all the way down at Carowinds).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JubJester said:

I can't see them putting a Intamin Giga in when there's one up the state at Cedar Point. There is also one at Kings Dominion as well. Putting a third one in at KI just doesn't make sense. 

It gives a variety, and gives people who come from Cedar Point a different experience (More often, too. Since Fury is all the way down at Carowinds). 

I agree. It won't ever be an intamin Giga because they want to give people a reason to go to both. KI is supposed to compliment CP.

• Like 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLi8boiQsBU

Image result for hejdlost

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This breathtaking B&M Giga by the name of Hejdlost would be a perfect fit into Kings Islands coaster lineup. The way the coaster dips and weaves throughout the forest, as well as the seamless and picturesque environment, makes everything about this coaster brilliant. The trees seem to be immense and the way the water glistens is somewhat tranquil. Not to mention, the way the coaster effortlessly plummets into the ravines. The coaster from a first glance reminds me of an "Outlaw Run" or "Lightning Rod", yet the beautiful B&M supports and track immediately remind any enthusiast of "Fury 325" or "Leviathan". The transitions are seamless and heart lined perfectly, and the tunnels remind me of Fury's "Hive Dive" or even The Beasts double helix tunnel. The Coaster combines the elements of a B&M but most impressively delivers from a terrain element. 

• Like 8

What is located at Cedar Point and Kings Island have zero to to with each respective park. Both have a capital expenditure plan that places what they feel is best at each park. Otherwise, you wouldn't have a WindSeeker at each nor would you have Delirium and maXair (identical rides) at each one, or Raptor and Banshee (same manufacturer and type). The reason is probably more like reliability and marketability. Since they don't draw a lot from the same markets, it hardly matters that Kings Island and Cedar Point would both have an Intamin Giga. The general public is really none the wiser anyway.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 9/28/2017 at 1:59 PM, JubJester said:

I can't see them putting an Intamin Giga in when there's one up the state at Cedar Point. There is also one at Kings Dominion as well. Putting a third one in at KI just doesn't make sense. 

It gives a variety, and gives people who come from Cedar Point a different experience and vice versa. (More often, too. Since Fury is all the way down at Carowinds).

Everything you are saying is true, but let’s not forget that Intamin does not have the reliability and safety record that B&M has, which I think would be the main contributing factor.

• Like 6

My guess is a Giga, as that, in my opinion, is the current big void in KI's lineup compared to the other large parks in the chain. Also, this seems to be the best location for one, and would breathe life into fairly dead end of the park (if the entrance is back there).

If it is a Giga, I hope they don't give it a name with the height in it... I hate the names Fury 325 and Intimidator 305.

• Like 4

Back when Halloween Haunt was called Fearfest, there used to be a haunted trail that used some of the DA land. I think it was called Trail of Terror. You had to walk down the service road past Firehawk to enter. In the near-term, KI could easily make the DA trail a haunt attraction of some kind. On the other hand, it sure is a lot of prime real estate for a giga. If one materializes, they could theme it along the lines of Blue Angels (or some other jet fighter) and consider it part of XBase. I just hope whatever they eventually do, they keep as many trees as possible.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

And cost of transport would be a little less with B&M. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

And cost of transport would be a little less with B&M. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if they could use that as leverage on the price.

• Like 2