What will replace Dinos Alive?

Mystic.Timber1

I found out what is going into the space previously occupied by Dinosaurs Alive....fossils. Lol

The clues are in the snow. Jk. Creativity points to whoever did this.E46549DC-10DF-4542-B1B2-4FF0AA1437AD.thumb.png.6f6790455e21c13ab417b031ec7bb520.png

Well, only employees had access to that area during Winterfest since it’s on the other side of the tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

I found out what is going into the space previously occupied by Dinosaurs Alive....fossils. Lol

Well, only employees had access to that area during Winterfest since it’s on the other side of the tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only that, but I bet KI has it on tape. It was still there today at 6 pm.

• Like 3

I know a lot of people hope for a coaster in this area, but I think opening up a new kids area would be a great use of that space. To capitalize on the dense tree cover, this could be KI's Camp Snoopy. Complete with a steel family coaster, tea cups, a balloon race, a Ferris wheel, one of those Zamperla happy swings, and a large climbing treehouse structure, I think families would be thrilled.

• Like 6

That is true ^. Never thought about Camp Snoopy.  It would be on the opposite side of the park witch is good and will space the kids/ families out. Still would hope for a coaster and maybe a way to open up the mess  of a midway WindSeeker is in. Maybe they close that off and have it go around.

• Like 3

I've always thought that the issue with the back half of Coney is Action Theater. The pathway around WindSeeker and under/between Racer is extremely awkward and ugly. I'm all for demolishing that monstrosity and having WindSeeker be the true end cap to CM. Reworking the exit/Fastlane entrance for Vortex would be appreciated as well. I'm hopeful that whatever is put in the dinos footprint will bring new life to the back half of Coney.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, LoadAndGo said:

I know a lot of people hope for a coaster in this area, but I think opening up a new kids area would be a great use of that space. To capitalize on the dense tree cover, this could be KI's Camp Snoopy. Complete with a steel family coaster, tea cups, a balloon race, a Ferris wheel, one of those Zamperla happy swings, and a large climbing treehouse structure, I think families would be thrilled.

That is a fantastic idea! I love the steel coaster idea, a wild mouse comes to mind.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

That is a fantastic idea! I love the steel coaster idea, a wild mouse comes to mind.

Knott's has a great family spinning coaster in their Camp Snoopy. The immersion that was achieved in the middle of the city was incredible -- it felt like I was really in the forest. I can only imagine what Cedar Fair could do in an actual forest!

• Like 4

I might be in the minority here and I also don't know if this has already been said on this thread but I would personally love an RMC T-rex. Hopefully the raptors do very well because a larger model would, imo, be better than a giga. I would much rather have anything by RMC than B&M or Intamin.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nick_Plummer said:

I might be in the minority here and I also don't know if this has already been said on this thread but I would personally love an RMC T-rex. Hopefully the raptors do very well because a larger model would, imo, be better than a giga. I would much rather have anything by RMC than B&M or Intamin.

Not that I would not enjoy a giga, but I would be fine with an RMC first. I do not run to CP to ride Mille. For me that would be Maverick.. 

Now Fury on the other hand...  I like it for its layout more than its height.

• Like 3

I would love for there to be some sort of climbing/play structure for kids at KI. As it is, they tend to use everything as one, whether it is made to be or not.

The number of times I've been sure I was going to see some kid knock his head open while his parents let him crawl all over queue bars...

I remember fondly the play structures they used to have at KI and CP when I was a kid. I know we live in a more litigious society now than it was then, but I have to think kids are less likely to hurt themselves on a designed structure, and parents would sue more readily if their darling fell from a queue rail to concrete than from a climbing structure to padded ground. 

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I would love for there to be some sort of climbing/play structure for kids at KI. As it is, they tend to use everything as one, whether it is made to be or not.

The number of times I've been sure I was going to see some kid knock his head open while his parents let him crawl all over queue bars...

I remember fondly the play structures they used to have at KI and CP when I was a kid. I know we live in a more litigious society now than it was then, but I have to think kids are less likely to hurt themselves on a designed structure, and parents would sue more readily if their darling fell from a queue rail to concrete than from a climbing structure to padded ground. 

I imagine something like the former Honey I Shrunk The Kids play set at Hollywood Studios or the net climb at SeaWorld Orlando. If I remember correctly, a city park somewhere in Cincinnati has a pretty cool tree themed play area. Sharon Woods as a great indoor play area as well. I think a diverse kids lineup is what drives the majority of season pass sales.

• Like 5

Would be interesting to see a Camp Snoopy at Kings Island on tyhe other side of the park. One of the things my dad said about Cedar Point is that there are small children' areas scattered around near the other rides so kids could ride things while their parents and older relatives could ride things like Magnum, GateKeeper, Wicked Twister etc. Putting a kids area on the other side of Kings Island behind The Racer would balance it out and give kids the chance to explore while their older relatives ride Vortex, Flight of Fear, Racer, Firehawk and other rides.

Since it's in Coney Mall, maybe they can keep true to the Cincinnati Coney Island theme and call it The Land of Oz. 

• Like 7

In an interview with Mike Koontz (the general manager of KI) he stated that they have plans for the near future that doesn't include the Dino's area. So I think the giga will go in one of two places. I always have been one of those people who thinks it should reuse Son of Beast's station. Another place is Xbase on the left side of Flight of Fear and will not touch the maintenance shops. I like the "spruce up" idea so that's why I think Xbase is more likely so that they can do that spruce up thing. 

• Like 5

On 1/3/2018 at 4:14 PM, Magenta Lizard said:

I think they should do a course in the woods. Like a ropes course hanging from the trees. I think they should also have a play area for kids as well.

• Like 5