What will replace Dinos Alive?

Mystic.Timber1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Klabergian Empire said:

I would say 30-45%

That is what I was thinking when they cleared the land at the beginning . Now it’s harder to say but they definitely have plenty of space back there if they ever wanted to do something along the lines of monster trucks. That’s if they don’t use Vortex spot. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 11:57 AM, Hueney020 said:

That is what I was thinking when they cleared the land at the beginning . Now it’s harder to say but they definitely have plenty of space back there if they ever wanted to do something along the lines of monster trucks. That’s if they don’t use Vortex spot. 

Hopefully not. Vortex’s spot should roughly keep the same feel and I feel like monster trucks would require a lot of change. Plenty of room to the side of Orion and DA for them. 

• Like 1

Please, please, please do not put the Monster Trucks at Kings Island. I don't care that they're temporary, they are way too trashy for a classy theme park like Kings Island. People coming to the park for the first time deserve to see Kings Island as Kings Island, not as some dumpy Monster Truck place.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

Please, please, please do not put the Monster Trucks at Kings Island. I don't care that they're temporary, they are way too trashy for a classy theme park like Kings Island. People coming to the park for the first time deserve to see Kings Island as Kings Island, not as some dumpy Monster Truck place.

A stunt demolition derby would be pretty cool to watch. Especially in the mid-summer months.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

Monster Trucks would be great, they were awesome at CP. Plenty of activities for kids and adults plus the rides on them. Just cause you don't like something doesn't mean that it's "trashy"

• Like 2

So about the monster trucks... I don't know where that show could be put as monster trucks are generally very loud and that noise complaint argument happened pretty recently... In addition, the noise might drown out other areas of the park. It's one thing to have a loud lift hill (See SOB, Firehawk or Steel Vengeance), but it's quite another to have multiple loud monster trucks revving up! Just my $.2 on the issue; personally, I'd vote no on monster trucks.

-MDMC, who once went to a monster truck show at a fair and it was super loud!

• Like 1

Monster trucks are not my cup of tea either but kids are fascinated by them. The trucks they used up at CP while much louder than a stock F-150 we not louder than a motorcycle.  In addition the noise complaints appeared to be only about late night and at CP Monster Jam shut down around 7 or so.

Matthew, Monster Jam was less of a “show” and more of a “ride” like antique autos.  Just a course with some obstacles to climb over.  They don’t really need a lot of land.  CP ran theirs entirely on the old Cedars plot, which is much smaller than The Vortex plot.  

I will be very surprised if they don’t put Monster Jam there for a season.

• Like 2

Each truck holds 7-9 passengers that all have to be buckled into a 5 point harness type thing.  Incredibly slow loading, I bet Monster beats it.  Expect very long waits even with a short line. 

CP had several demo trucks out that the kids could climb into and sit in and sold $15 wood models the kids could build there as well.

Monster Jam Thunder Alley provided an additional thrill for visitors to three Cedar Fair-owned amusement parks in 2019. The interactive display, which included hands-on demonstration stations, a kid’s activity zone and specially built Monster Jam ride trucks, opened at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio in May. From there, the activity moved to Kings Dominion in Doswell, Virginia and closed the year at Dorney Park in Allentown, Pennsylvania.

We’re excited to announce that Thunder Alley will be visiting three new Cedar Fair parks in 2020, including Valleyfair in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Details on additional locations for the 2020 season will be announced in the weeks ahead.

https://www.monsterjam.com/en-US/news/monster-jam-thunder-alley

I would say KI has a good chance of being one of the other 2 CF sites yet to be announced.  What is left: WOF, MA, CGA, CWL, KI, CW

They can bolt on whatever type of muffler they choose to achieve the level of noise they desire. 

EDIT: Just saw Carowinds is getting it so only one slot left.

• 1 month later...

I've been thinking about this a lot lately- Dinosaurs Alive was a good idea if you think about it.

When I heard the park was getting DA, I was originally under the impression that it wouldn't be connected to the main park and you'd have to get a seperate ticket to get in. 

I sometimes wonder how things would've been different if this were true. In a few ways, I'd argue it would make more money. I think having it in the park was a huge turn off for guests and school groups. Most guests didn't want to pay the extra $5 to get in and school groups didn't want to pay for park admission if they wanted to see just the dinos. If they had it seperate from the park where people would pay, say $20 for adults/ $10 for kids (ballpark price) I'd argue it might've seen higher foot traffic. The biggest issue though would be to put it somewhere where people could enter seperatly, installing plumping for bathrooms, installing eateries, etc.

It could've been a more popular attraction but I understand they had a contract with the company who supplied the dinos so I always kinda knew it wasn't going to be permanent. 

• Like 2

I don't see anything new coming to occupy the DA land anytime soon. Mainly because of location and the fact part of it was used for Orion. I could see the other half of the Firehawk plot and the area near it being developed for Area 72 and maybe a new coaster going into the DA area, but don't count on it happening soon.

• Like 1