Winterfest 2017 Attraction Lineup Announced

jdf21972

1 hour ago, Spectrum91 said:

^I don't foresee this actually happening, but Sally Dark Rides (who created the sets for Boo Blasters, and Scooby-Doo before that) has built a North Pole Adventure attraction. I imagine the company could easily integrate sets and props from this attraction and create a spooky festive new ride experience.

Link: http://sallycorp.com/dark-rides/north-pole-adventure

A holiday overlay is something they could do in house that wouldn't require any changes to the ride itself. I can't imagine it would be difficult to decorate the existing scenes and call it a day. Although, I really like the looks of that specific Sally attraction. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I was surprised we did not see FOF on that list. I would think there would be an easy way to keep the building above the minimum temps, but must be other factors we are unaware of.

It might get hot inside if people are waiting long lines wearing coats and other winter clothes. That's what I always thought at least. Might be harder to secure lose articles if you're wearing winter clothes on a ride that launches you from 0-54mph in 4 seconds. 

9 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

The FoF building is not wired for heating.

True, but mobile heaters can be brought in if needed. Having been on the floor in the FOF building, I would think there would be enough room. I would not think heating the building would be a big issue. I am thinking there are other factors. Zephyr is open, so people will be close to the area.

My bigger guess would be that this is a family event and FOF is a 54" ride.

• Like 1

I'm pretty much okay with the coaster line up for Winterfest, having been at SFOG toward the opening of their season and most coasters were only running 1 train that normally would have 2 which extended waits. 

There's enough at Winterfest for me to do that I feel like I'll have to make several trips to be able to see all the shows I want to see.

• Like 5

They are having Charlie Brown's Christmas Spectacular in the KIT.  I hope that show isn't something in the can like the old Peanuts shows they they had before the petting zoo.

I'm particular excited about "Tinker's Toy Factory."  Sounds a lot like "Santa's Toy Factory" from last time.  If it's a rework of the same show then you're all in for a treat.  

Over all, the event looks amazing!  I'm incredibly excited!!

**Edit:

Also, this is interesting and does not list a location:

Reindeer Roundup

"Murray the Moose thinks he's the perfect fit for Santa's Sleigh Team but must pass the interview test with Ruby Reindeer from Reindeer Services. "

• Like 2

It sounds like there will be even more live entertainment offerings than with the Winterfest incarnation from 2005.  I have seen mention of a Rivertown stage, things occurring at the Feshaus plaza, Outer Hanks plaza, Skyline Patio in Coney Mall, and the above mentioned Tinker`s Toy Factory is slated to be held in the Festhaus.  I am really looking forward to tha one.

I am sure that this event will be a hit and become a new tradition.  It will be exciting to see how it changes and expands over the years.  They definitely are trying to make sure that this event is well rounded from the start and not something that will take several years to build up the full offering.

• Like 1

Really looking forward to Winterfest this year. I really hope Tinker's Toy Factory is a reworking of Santa's Toy Factory. That was my favorite show that KI ever did.

I'll be a little busy that time of year (I can't say why yet...) so I hope I'm able to see Tinker's and all the other entertainment offerings; it looks like a great line-up!

• Like 3

Yea I'm actually more surprised about those being closed than FoF. At first was kind of surprised FoF was closed but figured that with it closed they can block off that entire area and as others mentioned dealing with the loose articles could be a pain with all the additional jackets and things people will have. But sinc emost of Planet Snoopy is open surprised that those two aren't open as they are good fmaily level rides (especailly Surf Dog) and be rides that all ages could enjoy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Lots of food on the meal plan, really looking forward to the buffet. I'm taking a wild guess and hoping the buffet is in the international street restaurant. Never been up there, really want it to be there.
I was surprised at how much was on the meal plan as well including the buffet! That really surprised me. I figured that would be something I'd pay for at least once but doesn't look like I'd have to after all. I'm actually really excited for this event. I usually don't care too much for the Christmas season mainly because I feel like it has become so commercialized and actually brings the bad out in people when they are shopping for their gifts. I have seen full on brawls from people fighting over a toy before. This just might actually get me into the spirit for the holiday :) I was reading some of the things they will have to my wife and even she is excited about it. The one gripe I have though is the $15 fee for ice skating. It seems a little steep to me for ice skating when there are many other places that I have found that only cost $5 to skate. Granted I know, it's in a theme park and on the royal fountains and not in a hockey rink. I may do it once not sure yet. I'd rather spend my money on the food and gifts honnestly though. That's just me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1