Dinosaurs Alive! Memorial Thread

KIghostguy

I really hate to see DA go.  I always enjoyed being able to get away from the regular park a little bit and walk through the woods.  I was always impressed with the dinosaurs, as well.  Where else could you go and see life sized dinosaurs like that??  

Kings Island built their reputation by having many attractions - not limited to just rides - that were world class, and I thought DA was a great example of one.

• Like 1

What a great thread idea KIGhostGuy! Even before the official announcement of DA's closure, I took lots of pics and some video (which I can post later) for a time such as this. In fact, last time I walked the trail, I bought a coin bank and got a free pencil (because BOGO) to remember DA by. To me, DA was always a nice diversion away from the crowds. I really enjoyed walking the trail (just as I enjoyed WWC's old trail that got removed for Mystic) and more recently, DA was my go-to spot for Pokemon Go. I'll miss it a little, but I look forward to what's on the horizon. I can only hope there is another peaceful walking trail added somewhere in the park (the closest thing to that now is The Bat's queue and maybe Tower Gardens).

• 4 months later...

My autistic 5 year old grandson is devastated that Dinosaurs Alive has been taken down.  We have such fond memories .  At the age of three he already knew all of the dinosaurs names and the period they lived in.  Unfortunately, because of the removal of the dinosaurs we had to make the decision not to renew our passes.  

• Like 1

Welcome to KIC @DinoDNA!   With every change in attraction there will always be many that are disappointed.  Hopefully in the future your grandson will grow to appreciate some other attractions KI has to offer.   

COSI here in Columbus has a new Dino exhibit and @electricsunmight be able to suggest some others in the area.   

Life finds a way.

• Like 2