Is this Kings Islands 2018 ride?

fryoj

As much as Surf Dog does I suppose. The manufacturer claims it is one. I think it looks like an interesting enough flat ride. 

I think it is more likely that reporter got his wires crossed (about what project at KI the manufacturer was involved with) than I believe that this is actually planned for KI next year. But, if it is, I wonder where it would go? In part of Dinos? Off of X-Base? Around Flight Commander's unused pad?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

However, the first Skywarp was supposed to be announced during IAAPA. The fact the announcement is being made later makes this more suspicious.  Looking back at the Tower Gardens site, yes we are getting a (CENSORED) but are we getting more?

In Early August: Tower Gardens shuts down, and reopens. Only difference are footers, and the utility lines being placed.

First Week August, Survey Markings appear all over Western end of Coney Mall.

8/16: KI doesn't make announcement along with MA for 2018 additions. Rumor of later announcement.

9/4: Coney Potato Works and Attitudes are closed for final time.

Following Week: Construction walls go up for 2.3 acre site. Potato Works is demolished.

Attitudes building is gutted, and currently in process of demolition.

9/28 : Tweet goes out stating Skyline Attraction Project is on docket with SFDK and KI.

If you look at size of ride, compared to the size of the land, it's a perfect fit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gforce1994 said:

In Early August: Tower Gardens shuts down, and reopens. Only difference are footers, and the utility lines being placed.

First Week August, Survey Markings appear all over Western end of Coney Mall.

8/16: KI doesn't make announcement along with MA for 2018 additions. Rumor of later announcement.

9/4: Coney Potato Works and Attitudes are closed for final time.

Following Week: Construction walls go up for 2.3 acre site. Potato Works is demolished.

Attitudes building is gutted, and currently in process of demolition.

9/28 : Tweet goes out stating Skyline Attraction Project is on docket with SFDK and KI.

If you look at size of ride, compared to the size of the land, it's a perfect fit.

Early August - Those footings and utility lines being placed were for the massive candy canes and other features for Winterfest....highly doubt they're for a Skywarp.

8/16 - Sometimes there isn't an announcement to make and even if there is, it only makes sense to make an announcement when it will help benefit the business.....i.e. boost season pass sales and/or attendance which Kings Island isn't lacking as of this time. 

9/4 Following Week - Construction walls go up to keep folks out of the demolition area...and to hide what's being done from the public eye. We all likely know what is going in these buildings place....so no real announcement is needed. 

9/28 - Probably an oops on the behalf of the original poster as you pointed out in your post. 

If you look at the land it's not necessarily level from Tower Gardens to the buildings being torn down (yes, they could fill in or take out). Also, the land is much much bigger than the footprint which is 170 feet per http://www.skylineattractions.com/?p=rides&i=skywarp

Could we be getting a Skywarp and some other additions or we could be getting nothing other than what we can presume is going to be placed there? I'd venture to say it's more than likely just what we are presuming to be placed in that area. 

Not everything we see is a clue for the next new ride...it more than likely is simple upkeep/updates.

• Like 4

I have serious doubts, but this is the kind of decision that could have been made in the 11th hour, I imagine...

If this ends up being true, I'm excited!  Kings Island needs more whirl-n-hurl type rides... plus Jeff Pike grew up right up the street from me, so I'm particularly happy for him. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I think this is an interview,  and is not related to us getting one. My reasoning; this is not how KI makes announcements.

Yep.  That's the basis of my doubts too.  

Then again, Don can be creative.  This is a tweet out of a reporter a 1,000 miles away and it's creating quite the buzz.

But yes - I think that they are going to mention that Jeff Pike helped with Mystic and it was lost in context.

• Like 3

Kings Island could use more thrilling flat rides, but this certainly isn't what I was expecting. I guess we'll have to wait to find out whether it's a hint or a red herring.

Setting expectations early might lessen the social media disappointment when the follow-up to Mystic Timbers is announced, and it's not a giga. :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I disagree, this would be a great addition for a smaller CF park, but not KI. That is just my opinion.

I agree with you on that one. I don't think this (Flat ride/coaster) needs to be at KI, Like you stated maybe a smaller park like MA or Dorney Park would be a better place for this ride to go. They also need this ride more, According to Wikipedia the last time any of these parks got a new coaster was 2008 for MA and 2012 for Dorney (which was actually a relocation of an Invertigo model at CGA). Anyways, I think this ride would be a great addition for both of these parks.

• Like 4