Upgrade's At PKI Over Winter

Dane

Some of the coasters do not need paint, as they have brand new coats. Vortex, and TG have brand mew coasts, Beast gets stained, but is looking good, and SOB has pressure treated wood all over it, whcih doesn't currently need protection......yet. I think that since we know we are getting new rides, they need to retheme older rides and make them look nice, and repaint Coney Mall. Most of it has badly peeling paint, and the signs for some of the rides look horrible. In all, I think Coney Mall needs a facelift, much like Disney did with Tomorrowland. Coney Mall can still look retro like old Coney Island, But I think they need to add some neon, and redo some things so it still looks nice. Just a thought.

They coudl redo a lot of signage as well as the outside of the buidlings in Coney Mall, with something that will hold up a little better than wood, like clad them in painted aluminum, or soem kind of vinyl or something like that. I think that the buildings in Coney would look neat if they had some sort of indentation around the roofline of the buildings that had at least one, if not two color neon lights running around the roof of the building. They could redo the entrance arch to Coney Mall, Clad in White Steel, With Coney Mall spelled out in cursive neon, and a Neon light or two running across the bottom and the top of the sign in the shape of an arch as well. I think there is a lot they could do to give the area a facelift, but also make it look retro at the same time. The building that looks like an old gas station, I think would look kewl if they made it like an old diner, with a checkboard tile floor, more neon inside, and and old vertical sign, with some art Deco lettering that flashed Diner? what do you think? just a thought, as the last time I walked through Coney Mall on Nov. 3rd, it just looks like it could use a major overhaul, and make everything look very nice and new. I don't think it needs structural work done to it, just some aesthetic work done in there, and the place would look just awesome, with its own glow during those warm summer night.