best and worst hallowen huant mazes of 2017

kic1972

The best in my opinion are Slaughter House, and Blackout. The worst are Madame Fatale's, and Board to Death. A lot of people don't like Urgent Scare, but I believe is has a great story, and a lot of potential. Board to Death could be better, it's just not scary in my opinion. Madame Fatale's is just completely boring. If you're gonna use the Crypt building for nothing but Haunt, it better be good... Well it's not. KI is really wasting good space on that one. (Caugh caugh... Dark ride)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Overall, my favorite is Slaughter House- I know the house so well (and I'm sure a lot of them know me lol), and it's great to see Sam (aka @XGatorHead 8904) do his thing in Skeleton Key. Besides Slaughter House, I've been pleasantly surprised with Urgent Scare as it has certainly improved since last season. I feel like it's scarier this season as last season it was just

hearing that beeping noise and thinking something was going to happen and then getting majorly let down when nothing really happened (just flashing of lights).

. Another maze that his piqued my interest this year is Bored to Death, as I was impressed with the theming when I went thru two Fridays ago. On the lower end of things, I was disappointed by Backwoods as there weren't as many "critters" in there this year as last year. I really enjoyed that maze last year and still love the theming, however, it feels like a glorified walk through Tower Gardens at times. Also, Blackout is still the scariest thing ever, so there's that (combine a fear of the dark and

sudden loud noises

and you get Blackout...). Thankfully, @Magenta Lizard accompanied me this year, so it wasn't as bad as last year's adventure through the dark. 

EDIT: All other mazes were somewhere in the middle, with a shoutout to Carnevil for being super trippy with those glasses! 

• Like 2

Carnevil is always a staple... it's just so awesome. 

Slaughterhouse is great, madame fatal's is also great. Then I like Urgent Scare quite a bit to. I like the 3rdish room that has a lot of hospital beds that have sheets over them. Really builds things up when you don't know which things are an actor or a dummy.

I also enjoyed board to death, it's just unique and the theme is fun. Field of Screams is also fun.

Blackout has been my least favorite... I'm sure for a lot of people being in darkness is fun. But for me I like seeing more things.

• Like 2

I've been through 5/10 Haunts, and this year was my first time attending Haunt ever. (This is my first season with a Gold Pass since the Paramount days!)  My cousin doesn't do mazes and wears a "No Boo."  I went solo a couple Saturdays ago and went through a couple mazes, tagging onto others' groups.  This past Saturday I was able to hit three mazes right at opening before she got there.  I tagged onto groups in all of them except for Killmart.  I do believe I was the first to go through for the night - and let me tell you, walking into that place solo made my heart pound and mouth go dry! LOL!  Of the ones I've been able to do, I really enjoyed Wolfpack, but wish I had waited until dark.  I also enjoyed CarnEVIL and Madame Fatale's.  I'm thinking I need to maybe rendezvous with @Magenta Lizard if she goes this weekend! ;)

• Like 4

I've been through 5/10 Haunts, and this year was my first time attending Haunt ever. (This is my first season with a Gold Pass since the Paramount days!)  My cousin doesn't do mazes and wears a "No Boo."  I went solo a couple Saturdays ago and went through a couple mazes, tagging onto others' groups.  This past Saturday I was able to hit three mazes right at opening before she got there.  I tagged onto groups in all of them except for Killmart.  I do believe I was the first to go through for the night - and let me tell you, walking into that place solo made my heart pound and mouth go dry! LOL!  Of the ones I've been able to do, I really enjoyed Wolfpack, but wish I had waited until dark.  I also enjoyed CarnEVIL and Madame Fatale's.  I'm thinking I need to maybe rendezvous with [mention=9282]Magenta Lizard[/mention] if she goes this weekend!
If you're going to be at the park this weekend, let's meet up and do some mazes and scare zones.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jtro223 said:

If you're going to be at the park this weekend, let's meet up and do some mazes and scare zones.

I would love that!  Just send me a private message and we can set it up.

(PS - this is my 100th post.  I think my tourist days are over!)

• Like 4

I'll definitely be there Friday and Sunday barring unforeseen circumstances. 

I'm really hoping the colder, potentially drizzly weather keeps the crowds down, and if so, I'm probably going Saturday too. They're calling, right now, for a high of 46 that day. Finally I can break out my silly bear hat and hand warmers. It looks to me like there's even the possibility of seeing some snowflakes, which would be a good lead into Winterfest.

I'd love to meet you, and I always enjoy spending some time with jtro if that works out too. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I'll definitely be there Friday and Sunday barring unforeseen circumstances. 

I'm really hoping the colder, potentially drizzly weather keeps the crowds down, and if so, I'm probably going Saturday too. They're calling, right now, for a high of 46 that day. Finally I can break out my silly bear hat and hand warmers. It looks to me like there's even the possibility of seeing some snowflakes, which would be a good lead into Winterfest.

I'd love to meet you, and I always enjoy spending some time with jtro if that works out too. 

@jtro223 Are you going Friday night?  I'm 90% sure I'm going to head down after work.  I have a 5k Saturday morning in Cinci, then may head there after.  Sunday is out for me.

• Like 1

[mention=9652]jtro223[/mention] Are you going Friday night?  I'm 90% sure I'm going to head down after work.  I have a 5k Saturday morning in Cinci, then may head there after.  Sunday is out for me.
I may or may not have a friend with me on Friday night. She's GP, so who knows? I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. If your faith allows it, I'd encourage you to come to the park later in the day. The last rides of the season on The Beast are very memorable, and I have come to treasure them.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jtro223 said:

I may or may not have a friend with me on Friday night. She's GP, so who knows? I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. If your faith allows it, I'd encourage you to come to the park later in the day. The last rides of the season on The Beast are very memorable, and I have come to treasure them.

My faith itself allows it - it's more so that I'm committed to being at both services because I'm on the worship team, etc.  BUT if it cancels for any unforseen reason, I'll be on one of the last rides for sure! :)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...