The Great Pumpkin Fest

BaileyM912

We have been and my daughter has gotten candy from you! Lol overall, I love it. I wish they would give out a little more trick or treating wise but it's great. My daughter's favorite is the foam pit. She was sad that it wasn't open last Sunday because of the wind. I love that you can play games for only $1-$2. I love that the pony rides are only $1 too! It's super affordable. My daughter also was super excited to see Snoopy and get a pumpkin. I love the event and very glad they have it for the kids. 

• Like 2

Glad to hear that you’ve had a good experience! It’s interesting to hear a different perspective. As for the trick or treating, we have plenty of candy, but we are told to give out 1 per person and not to take any for ourselves. I agree, the trinkets like fangs and sticky frogs aren’t that cool, but I guess it’s to hold some kids over, so they aren’t eating the candy all at once, or for those with allergies. Overall, the event is a lot of fun to work though. Thanks for the input!

• Like 1

We actually decided not to go because a season pass holder told us it wasn’t worth it. The one piece of candy per child was one of his reasons. Also, the fact that you pay so much money to get into the park and still have to pay extra for pony rides.

Next year will be our first as pass holders. We used our free visits this year for Haunt and will be using my daughter’s (and paying the lesser price for us) for Winterfest. We’ll probably try out Great Punpkin Fest next year when we have our passes and won’t be out the parking price.

• Like 1

I don't think asking $1 for a pony ride is too expensive since a lot of festivals and events ask usually more. I think it's worth checking out even if you don't want to pay extra for anything since they do have trick or treating, little mazes for the kids they have free games like bingo and such and they have a coloring station too. You get a free mini pumpkin and there is the foam pit and an area where you can ride a tractor bike around. The only things that are extra are games and the pony rides and I don't think there is a game over $2 there.  

• Like 3

I've been taking my niece and nephews for the last few years and they love it. It gives little kids an age appropriate Halloween experience. They've never complained about the number of treats or types of treats. They loved the vampire teeth and little rings this year. I'm okay with the number of treat stations as it takes the focus away from the candy and onto the activities and overall experience. The only extra costs were for games ($1-2 and always a winner) and the pony ride ($1). Everything else is free. 

If a parent is looking for their child to walk away with a bag full of candy, this isn't the experience for them. For us, it's a nice break from the rides and a fun daytime Halloween experience at one of our favorite places. If you have kids, it's worth the 30-60 minute detour during your KI visit. 

• Like 1

My kids enjoy it. By this time in the season they are getting tired of just going to Kings Island (we're at about 45 visits for the year)... So the great pumpkin fest adds new excitement. We don't let our kids eat much candy, so the few pieces they get are really special to them... And they LOVE the sticky frogs and hands and the mini pumpkins and apples.

I love the pulled pork at the island smokehouse.
We usually swing in after church to run around and grab lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My kids like the foam pit, but man is that structure oddly constructed. Everyone wants to watch their kids play, but with the super big slope supports you can't just stand outside and watch, you have to crowd around the entrance and exit to see anything. It was terrible planning.

On 10/19/2017 at 4:02 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

@electricsun and I took my kids this past Sunday and had they had a blast. $1.00 games and pony rides are great value.

This pic was from the week before.

20171001_171028.jpg

You must have a great camera... to be able to capture The Flash that clearly and not just him appearing as a streak in the picture is amazing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5