Coasterstock 2018

JubJester

On 10/26/2017 at 8:41 PM, Ellie said:

I am going to guess that younger children would not be too entertained? They’d be almost 4 and two almost 3. 

We've attend all three Coasterstock events with our three kids (now ages 8, 6, and 4). They have LOVED every single Coasterstock event despite not being able to take advantage of all the benefits (ERT). 

Now attending Coasterstock is like a huge family reunion, as we have met the most wonderful people, which we happen to think is the biggest benefit of all. The ERT, swag, food, tours, etc. are all great, and doing it with hundreds of close friends makes it all the more memorable!

• Like 10

• 2 months later...

@jimbo t - this was last year's iternary: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/events/coasterstock . 

They haven't posted in for this year's Coasterstock. After going to all three, I would expect a mix of behind the scenes walk throughs/picture opportunities, talks, two meals, and lots of ERT. KI will likely post more information in January/February regarding cost, clubs, and additional details regarding the 2018 event. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, electricsun said:

@jimbo t - this was last year's iternary: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/events/coasterstock . 

They haven't posted in for this year's Coasterstock. After going to all three, I would expect a mix of behind the scenes walk throughs/picture opportunities, talks, two meals, and lots of ERT. KI will likely post more information in January/February regarding cost, clubs, and additional details regarding the 2018 event. 

thanks I will check that out...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Get yer tickets!

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/events/coasterstock

Ticket sales end a week earlier this year, on May 6, so don't put it off until last minute!

There is also an option this year, for $10, to have all your swag mailed to you prior to the event and skip check-in. 

This.

Is.

So.

Exciting

• Like 5

1 minute ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

First CoasterStock? @whengodsaysgo

Yes it is!  After meeting up with so many of you and getting involved with the coaster enthusiast community, this will be my first event.  I'm still debating on which club to join, but I'm excited for what the future holds.  I'll be beside myself I'm sure.  Hope you guys are ready for that!! :) lol

• Like 7

This will be my first Coasterstock as well.  

I want to get an opinion on something.  Is there more to get out of going both days or is going one day or the other pretty evened out?  I don't think I could hack it 2 days of such length at Kings Island, even if its only in May when its still cooler out.  

• Like 2

It's a long event (32 hours!). You do have the people who are always first in line for 8am ERT and last off at midnight ERT (:ph34r:), but not everyone does everything on the itinerary.

Dinner (on Saturday) shouldn't be missed. This is by far the more substantial meal and (in prior years) has featured most of the guest speakers. The tours on Saturday (of Beast, Flight of Fear and KI&MVRR) are highly recommended, especially if you haven't been on them at prior events. (And even if you have, you can always learn something new.)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, spooky21 said:
You don't have to be in a club to go do you?

Yes you must be a member of one of the approved clubs. You can see that list if you go to the Coasterstock info page on the park website. I personally joined the Great Ohio Coaster Club (GOCC). Literally the only reason I joined was to attend Coasterstock last year.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/events/coasterstock
Here's the link for Coasterstock and approved coaster clubs.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, silver2005 said:

This will be my first Coasterstock as well.  

I want to get an opinion on something.  Is there more to get out of going both days or is going one day or the other pretty evened out?  I don't think I could hack it 2 days of such length at Kings Island, even if its only in May when its still cooler out.  

It's worth noting that some folks leave mid day either on Friday or Saturday to go take naps. I find myself enjoying the entire aspect of the event...but can understand going for 32 hours isn't for everyone. I will say that the tours, ERT and guest speakers shouldn't be missed.

• Like 1

How busy is this event typically as well?

It's not what I would call jam packed busy. It brings in a lot of enthusiasts that's for sure. The ERT sessions are a great opportunity to ride the big rides with very short wait times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

All participants must have purchased a ticket to Coasterstock and registered, as well. Every registered attendee will receive a lanyard that must be shown to participate in any ERT, behind-the-scenes tour, or meal. 

If you wanted to have a friend attend with you during the regular park hours to ride rides with you, you could do that, they'd just need to entertain themselves for awhile if you want to do event things. But, no, you can't just bring a guest into those event activities. 

• Like 1