Coasterstock 2018

JubJester

My last day of classes is May 4. I'm considering joining Great Ohio Coaster Club and making sure I won't be scheduled to work on May 18-19 (though it was cool meeting/seeing Coasterstock attendees enjoying Vortex when I was working there the morning of May 19 last year!).

If things work out, this will be my first Coasterstock.

-BFF, who's excited that Vortex is once again included in the 10:30-midnight ERT on Friday, May 17. :)

• Like 7

One of the benefits of buying early is you can be certain to pick The Beast tour time slot you prefer. 

I don't know whether they will send the t-shirt, lanyard, etc extra-early if you register now, but I don't think it is very likely. 

If you're certain you'll be able to schedule to go, and have the $ now, I say go for it!

If you're not yet a coaster club member you may want to wait until closer to Coasterstock to join (so you'll have a later renewal date), but not so long that you have trouble getting your credentials before the event. They do not ask for specifics of your membership during the online registration, other than selecting which club you belong to. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I just want to know how KI scored Ridiculously Photogenic Guy for the Mystic Timbers pic that's the background for the Coasterstock page...  

In the back seat there ;)

He's just chilling, like he's sitting on a coach and drinking a beer, "hey, how you doin'!" :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We're trying to buy our tickets using our Gold Passes which we have had for many years, and we don't have the 8 digit code it talks about on the registration page, only a 20 digit number. When I try to enter this number it says it can not verify our passes. Any idea how to register with older passes?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding older passes in the online store, the longer 20-digit numeric code from your pass card should work in the online store. Be sure that you're entering it correctly.

Note that if you renewed with Buy Now Pay Later, your pass might not be active for 2018 yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

O got my tickets today for CoasterStock & Holiwood Nights. I'm excited about getting to walk back on more coasters this year at CoasterStock. Also on a side note, don't you have to be a member of a coaster club by a certain date to be eligible for the event. I seen a few people on here mention they were gonna join a coaster club to get into the event. But I was thinking you had to be a member of a coaster club by December 2017 to be eligible for CoasterStock. If I'm wrong someone please correct me. I love the way Holiday World does it. All you have to do to get into the event if your not a member of a coaster club is come as a guest of someone who is.

• Like 1

Nope, you just need to be a member of an approved club by the time you check in. 

The only event in recent history that I know of that had a requirement to already be a member of a club was Mystic Timbers' media day. Most ACE members were invited, but only if they were registered before that invitation was publicized. They didn't want a bunch of people joining ACE just to flood media day. 

• Like 1

The park sometimes has coaster clubs cross-check the event registration list with their member rolls, so as to speed up check-in. I suspect that this will be the case at least with Pre-Check.

Joining sooner rather than later would be a good idea, lest you get delayed at check-in or miss out because your membership card didn't arrive in time.

• Like 3

Related to Coasterstock: I live in Dayton and have a cousin who lives closer to the park than I do.  I am always able to stay with her, but I thought about making it a mini vacay and staying closer to the park in a hotel.  Certainly Friday, maybe even Thursday, in order to take advantage of the ERT. Would any ladies be interested in splitting the cost for a hotel room? 

• Like 1

DD and I loved Coasterstock so much last year that we've convinced the whole fam (DH and DS) to join us this time! DD turns 9 on the 17, last year it was her birthday celebration, and will be the same this year!  DH is restricted by some health issues and DS is 6 and maybe 44 inches, so they will mostly be enjoying the tours, walkbacks, etc.  Luckily DS LOVES watching the rides (especially the coasters) in motion!  I also think I might get him on some of the kids coasters this year, now that he's 6! Pretty sure DD is gonna be 54 inches.  That would be amazing for her, and me! Fingers crossed we love this year as much as last.

Anyway, we are also going to Coastermania. Anyone else going?  We've never been to it, nor HoliWood Nights, but I notice a lot of people are choosing HoliWood.  We have Platinum Passes/Preschool pass this year and intend to get all the uses out of them that we can.  But, we do also love Holiday World!  If you've been or are going to either of these, I'd love to hear any feedback about your plans/experiences!  I am really stoked to get such a great rate on the Cottages at CP for Coastermania.  They are so relaxing!  I haven't stayed there for at least 5 years!

Sorry for the book ;)!  

• Like 2