Coasterstock 2018

JubJester

Still haven't received anything from Kings Island for Coasterstock. I am quickly becoming concerned about it. I took advantage of the new system this year for multiple reasons. Would be great if the credentials arrive before the event. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2018 at 7:48 PM, King Ding Dong said:

Lol.  Back in STL, MSD stands for Metropolitan Sewer District.  Kinda fits, but Scambler is ok.  

Back before they were removed, the ride grouping was Scrambler, Tiques, Dodgems.  They embraced the acronym.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Chef Major is scheduled to be one of the speakers (at lunch Friday) according to a pic of the swag Don Helbig posted on the Coasterstock Facebook last week. 

Also, he has said we'll start getting our deliveries if we opted for pre-check, tomorrow (Wednesday). I saw a pic of someone who already got theirs today. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Chef Major is scheduled to be one of the speakers (at lunch Friday) according to a pic of the swag Don Helbig posted on the Coasterstock Facebook last week. 

Also, he has said we'll start getting our deliveries if we opted for pre-check, tomorrow (Wednesday). I saw a pic of someone who already got theirs today. 

Awesome, Thank you Liz. I feel a little less stressed.

• Like 2

Can't wait. First one since 2015. Mine might arrive later. The registration didn't go through for some reason, but they made sure we got it in. Very nice of KI.

1 minute ago, silver2005 said:

I forget, what are the wrist bands for?

Drinks I believe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kenban said:

I kinda hope that Chef Major drops in for one of the Q&A sessions.  Actually an interesting behind the scenes tour would be of the new restaurants kitchen.  Maybe before it opens in the morning?

That'd be an awfully tight space for the hundreds of folks to go through, although possible if done right. 

I could imagine the walkthrough *if you look to your left, you'll see our rotisserie oven and if you look to your right, you'll see our grill." :P

• Like 2

I was thinking it would be done like kitchen tours on cruise ships.  They split the group into smaller more manageable groups, maybe 20 people at a time.  A chef shows off the equipment, explains just how much food they go through a day, takes a question or two, then swaps for the next group.  Each group only gets a few minutes and you could get through everyone who cares in under an hour.

Just figured since the park got the shiny new restaurant they might want to show it off.

• Like 2

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but the weather forecast is looking soggy for both days of this year's event. High chances of thunderstorms Friday and Saturday. Still going and I will try to enjoy and make the most of this very unique event.

6 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I was going to get my tickets last weekend in April, but broke a rib and fractured my clavicle, so everyone else have fun for me. :(

That's ****ttty

I work construction and every day I'm thinking don't get hurt to where I cant ride rides

• Like 1

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but the weather forecast is looking soggy for both days of this year's event. High chances of thunderstorms Friday and Saturday. Still going and I will try to enjoy and make the most of this very unique event.
Scattered thunderstorms that pop up due to daytime heating become norm in cincinnati by may. Theirs nothing you can really do about it. And according to the weather channel it's not an extremely high chance.

Last year it rained and stormed both days but we all still had a great time! You'll find something to do during the storm. :)
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JubJester said:

@sixohdieselrage Yikes. That hurts me reading that. Hope you get better soon!

Thanks! Slowly healing each day. At least my sling is off now. Just dont think it would be good to get tossed around on rides just yet. 

2 hours ago, LuvingKI said:

That's ****ttty

I work construction and every day I'm thinking don't get hurt to where I cant ride rides

Lol. I'm a landscaper, so it's a PITA trying to do anything. Especially since I work for myself. But, it was my own fault. Was going about 50mph on my 660Raptor, knowing I had a bad part on it. Upper control arm snapped the rest of the way, tire tucked under and I rolled 3 times. I'm fortunate that's all I damaged. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Thanks! Slowly healing each day. At least my sling is off now. Just dont think it would be good to get tossed around on rides just yet. 

Lol. I'm a landscaper, so it's a PITA trying to do anything. Especially since I work for myself. But, it was my own fault. Was going about 50mph on my 660Raptor, knowing I had a bad part on it. Upper control arm snapped the rest of the way, tire tucked under and I rolled 3 times. I'm fortunate that's all I damaged. 

Yikes!!!! Yeah I mean you definitely can consider that lucky!

You could be far more mangled 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, txdrummer said:

It still is too far out to know for sure what it's going to do. Out of the last 3 years, it has rained at least 2 of the years for Coaster Stock. The event is still amazing, the park does go all out for us and it's just down right fun. 

• Like 1

^Last year, they kept hope alive and really put in the effort to make sure we got as much of our late ERT as was safely possible. It would have been so easy to say "this storm isn't blowing over, ERT is cancelled, go home" but instead everyone stuck around and quickly got the rides moving again as soon as lightning left the area. Those rides were even sweeter after the forced rest and worry it might not clear. 

It was even fun for everyone to be collected in the Festhaus while the storm was raging outside. I've heard Don Helbig tried hard that evening to find the episodes of Brady Bunch and Partridge Family that were filmed at KI, to show on the screen in there, but was unable on such short notice. I hope he comes prepared this year, just in case :)

• Like 5

On 5/14/2018 at 8:13 AM, Magenta Lizard said:

^Last year, they kept hope alive and really put in the effort to make sure we got as much of our late ERT as was safely possible. It would have been so easy to say "this storm isn't blowing over, ERT is cancelled, go home" but instead everyone stuck around and quickly got the rides moving again as soon as lightning left the area. Those rides were even sweeter after the forced rest and worry it might not clear. 

It was even fun for everyone to be collected in the Festhaus while the storm was raging outside. I've heard Don Helbig tried hard that evening to find the episodes of Brady Bunch and Partridge Family that were filmed at KI, to show on the screen in there, but was unable on such short notice. I hope he comes prepared this year, just in case :)

All he needs is a Hulu account and a Roku hooked up to the projectors. I'm pretty sure both shows are on Hulu.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RealHickoryHam said:

Yes. During lunch at coasterstock he said it's about time we had one. 

After reading this in the normal voice, I read it in Bubble Bass's* voice! :lol:

*Bubble Bass is a character from Spongebob that is RealHickoryHam's profile pic/avatar 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I just heard on the giga speculation thread that Mike Koontz said something about that a giga should come to Kings Island. Is that true?

What he said was that the parks recently made presentations to Cedar Fair management about what they want for the next three to four years.  Basiclly their wishlist additions.  He stated KI asked for a giga.

• Like 4