Cedar Point changes for 2018

5 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

I think I may go to the Hoedown. Only passholders there and its a chance to get on SV without a 5 hour wait.

I am a little confused with only 1 ride on SV though. Are they expecting a full queue for 4 to 5 hrs with only 1 cycle being allowed?

• Like 1

On 3/13/2018 at 12:35 PM, rhyano said:

Awesome to see this! I'm curious about ticket prices, I really wish they would release that ahead of time.

Tickets are $75 for the event. The first public train is $250. All tickets proceeds go to The LeBron James Family Foundation. They go on sale March 19th.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a quick question that I think is a bit appropriate for here (since it is CP themed): if you get Platinum passes and stay at a Cedar Point on-site hotel, like Breakers, how big is the discount usually? My sister is considering getting passes, but wants to just go for Gold (Kings Island only) but were planning to also go to Cedar Point, but right now we only plan on going to CP once (2 days) in 2018, so how much we save on the hotel for that is a factor, and Gold is $100 cheaper per person. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

So, I have booked my trip for Cedar Point this year. I am staying at the Hotel Breakers (haven't stayed there since the renovation) for 2 nights. For 2 days, we are doing the main park and on the last day, we are doing Cedar Point Shores. As I was checking out, I was offered Fast Lane passes and food/drink add on to my reservation. I bought one for one day, which we will use on the 2nd day. It includes 3 FL Plus passes, food/drink wristbands for 3, Fun Pix and you can also do the Dinosaurs Alive attraction (which we have no interest in). Total cost is $1400 and that is basically for everything. We just have to buy food and drinks for the other two days. I feel like it's a really good deal for us. We will be there 6/27-29. Decided to go during the week this year.

• Like 4

My goodness that is a lot of coin to drop in 3 days but once I saw how far away you are I get it.   I get cranky spending a dime more than $60/night on a hotel.  Lol.  

Do you already have a KI SP?   Might have have been cheaper to upgrade to Platinum.  Platinum gets FL+ for FL price at CP and CPS is included with Platinum.  

Sure you will have a great time.  Tony just released a another teaser POV on Twitter.  

• Like 2

On 4/3/2018 at 2:37 PM, King Ding Dong said:

My goodness that is a lot of coin to drop in 3 days but once I saw how far away you are I get it.   I get cranky spending a dime more than $60/night on a hotel.  Lol.  

Do you already have a KI SP?   Might have have been cheaper to upgrade to Platinum.  Platinum gets FL+ for FL price at CP and CPS is included with Platinum.  

Sure you will have a great time.  Tony just released a another teaser POV on Twitter.  

You know, I never thought about that. The tickets were included with the room, so I am not sure if you can convert those to season passes because I would surely like to hit up KI as well. I'm going to contact them about that.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 5:10 PM, McSalsa said:

I have a quick question that I think is a bit appropriate for here (since it is CP themed): if you get Platinum passes and stay at a Cedar Point on-site hotel, like Breakers, how big is the discount usually? My sister is considering getting passes, but wants to just go for Gold (Kings Island only) but were planning to also go to Cedar Point, but right now we only plan on going to CP once (2 days) in 2018, so how much we save on the hotel for that is a factor, and Gold is $100 cheaper per person. Thanks in advance.

They run specials too.  I got two nights booked @ breakers weekend before memorial day weekend for 380$ including tax.

On 4/3/2018 at 2:22 PM, KIBeast said:

So, I have booked my trip for Cedar Point this year. I am staying at the Hotel Breakers (haven't stayed there since the renovation) for 2 nights. For 2 days, we are doing the main park and on the last day, we are doing Cedar Point Shores. As I was checking out, I was offered Fast Lane passes and food/drink add on to my reservation. I bought one for one day, which we will use on the 2nd day. It includes 3 FL Plus passes, food/drink wristbands for 3, Fun Pix and you can also do the Dinosaurs Alive attraction (which we have no interest in). Total cost is $1400 and that is basically for everything. We just have to buy food and drinks for the other two days. I feel like it's a really good deal for us. We will be there 6/27-29. Decided to go during the week this year.

That coin helps pay for the new attractions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...