So... is KIC ever going to create a podcast?

I had always wanted to create a podcast for KIC when I ran the show. Never got the job done.

I was listening to an unnamed coaster podcast that made me feel a little out of the loop. It has devolved away from discussions about the amusement industry and focuses more on immature bragging about drinking. This leaves a void in the market.

KIC has a treasure trove of content that would be great for a monthly or weekly podcast. Topics on the forums could be discussed, as well as having guests, discussions through social or the forums, etc. 

I think the staff has it in them!

What do you say, boys??

• Like 15

All of those platforms would be very compatible with podcasts. Some of my favorite podcasts include: Coaster Radio, In The Loop and Coaster Buzz. Some very cool ideas would be guest interviews, construction updates, debates, (these would be very interesting and different) and trip reports. I enjoy those coaster podcasts, however they all are very broad and vague on specific parks. A KIC podcast wouldn't just help expand KIC, but also strengthen the unity of the community. I'm 100% for this idea and would LOVE to make this dream a reality!

• Like 2

I don't tend to listen to podcasts, in part because I don't process auditory information nearly as well as I do text, although I'm trying to work on it. 

I would definitely listen to one if KIC put it out, though. 

It seems to me that it would be a fair amount of work, though, so it would really require someone with a passion for it to make it happen. Now that you aren't the one "running the show" here, maybe you could carve out the time to be able to make a go of it? I know you have more going on in your life otherwise. But I also know your passion for KIC and KI in general, and that you have some prior experience with similar things. I can't think of a better person to spearhead such a project. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to double post.  But no one has responded to this topic in several weeks now.

I thought that I would pass along some information on a new feature that will be debuting soon here on KIC.  See the below image.

kicpod1.jpg

Stay tuned for the first episode of the KICentral Podcast.

Robbie

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Very cool!  I gave up on In The Loop because if you're over the age of 22 you don't care how much alcohol some guy drank last night (which was an hour long conversation in the last episode I listened to) and I gave Off The Tracks (or whatever it's called) a chance but I didn't care for their hour of sports babble from a bunch of guys who clearly aren't big sports fans.  

-Keep it relatively on topic

-Keep if fun

-Don't let anyone have a veto on what you can and can't discuss

-Ask the hard questions

Let me know if there's any way I can help.

• Like 6

We will have guest speakers on the podcast.  We eventually might have KIC members appear as guests. 

Right now, we are planning on the podcast being released monthly.  Although we might change that and release them more frequently once the season kicks off.  We already have the guest speaker lined up for March`s podcast.

Stay tuned for episode 1 of the KIC Podcast.  It will be coming very soon!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Unsolicited offer of help: I run a podcast network of 3 different shows.

If you need help or suggestions about equipment or how to record, or how to edit, or broadcast live on YouTube or set of a Roku channel etc, I can help ya out.

Podcast.speechscience.org for proof^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3