Favorite Coaster at Park

DeJaVu1127

I vote Flight of Fear. It has been great since they added the lab bars instead of the headbanging shoulder bars. The only thing I don't like about it is the theaming in the waiting lines. It loks very nice from the outside but when you go in, it goes downhill. The movie is boring and the fog dosent work anymore. The UFO has gone really downhill, it has been vandalised and un kept. It is really dirty inside of it now. There are some loose fitting in there so everything rattles.

(Funny thing:) I was waiting in line one time and the entire ride blew a fuse and the power went out. (Since the ride and the waiting lines run on different fuses, the ride still ran.) So we waited in line for 25 mins in the dark and in silence. cool.gif

Yeah, SOB is rough while papa is smooth for all intensive purposes. I am sure that there is some percentage of wood a coster must be in order to be considered a Woodie. With all the wood in SOB they can afford to have a stell loop and still be considered a Woodie. Not to mention, building a steel and wooden loop would have been very difficult and expensive, if not an impossible task to perform. Wood wasn't designed to bend like that.

If you look at this picture it shows the loop pieces before it was assembled, with no track. I don't have/can't find a picture right now of the loop close enough to show that it really is wood, but from that picture you can see where the wood is bolted on to make the track.

Odd how that is the smoothest part of the ride. Why not make a new coaster entirely out of that time of support structure and just bolt wood on? You would have a pretty darn smooth woodie since the steel would hold it together more.

yeah, but what kind of woodie is that, if it doesn't have that standard woodie rattle? I still like it, and the fact that it is smoother than it used to be. I just hope they do something about the cars in the trains. Get rid of those stupid floor slants, and give me a few more inches of leg room!

• 2 weeks later...