Dollywood Trip 10/21/17

MaestroJr

Happy late Halloween everyone, I took a trip to Dollywood in Tennessee last Saturday and had a fantastic first visit, the rides were fantastic as well as the people. Instead of rambling I will post some photos me and my brother took and then tell y'all my favorite highlights of the day. Thanks for reading. 

Lightning Rod, new for 2017

IMG_0154_zpsf9tlzknk.jpg

IMG_0156_zpscqxj7e6h.jpg

IMG_0157_zpstaseevwp.jpg

FireChaser Express

IMG_0158_zps8315z8eq.jpg

IMG_0159_zpsrtwnz8fs.jpg

IMG_0158_zpsd4jfs5ug.jpg

IMG_0160_zpsuwdynsdb.jpg

ThunderHead

IMG_0161_zpsyqcuqugb.jpg

IMG_0162_zpsbqvnirwy.jpg

Mystery Mine

IMG_0164_zpsehz7hkeo.jpg

IMG_0166_zpstgprphdv.jpg

Night Pumpkin Festival

IMG_0172_zpsgc5bx07m.jpg

IMG_0170_zpsav7jcx4m.jpg

IMG_0176_zpsxn3lbafx.jpg

IMG_0181_zpslxm8utqe.jpg

IMG_0184_zpsa1xytjq8.jpg

IMG_0167_zps7lxwlxqd.jpg

IMG_0175_zpsoihfhdvq.jpg

IMG_0179_zpshpvgcpnm.jpg

So, thats pretty much my day in photographs, we had great Tennessee fall weather, it was a truly different experience than Kings Island, yet familiar. Its a great park and all the coasters were unique and fun. Some like Tennessee Tornado felt like Vortex as they are both old Arrow loopers, but rides like Mystery Mine felt totally unique. Lightning Rod and Wild Eagle were great, as was the rough woodie ThunderHead. The Pumpkin Light Show offered a much more family friendly, but fun and spooky Halloween theme as opposed to the more violent and aggressive Haunt at Kings Island. I liked it though, it was done very well. Overall had a great day at the park and a great time in Pigeon Forge in general. Thanks for reading! MaestroJr

Final Ride Count:

Blazing Fury-2

Firechaser Express-1

Tennessee Tornado-1

Mystery Mine-1

ThunderHead-4

Wild Eagle-1

Lightning Rod-1

• Like 8

2 hours ago, chugh43 said:

@MaestroJr you just made me jealous! I love and miss Dollywood so much! 

Other than good, what were your thoughts on Lightning Rod? Where did you eat? Tennessee Tornado is probably my ultimate favorite Arrow coaster. 

Lightning Rod first off had a very creative queue which only added to its experience, it was probably my favorite of the coasters at Dollywood and I rank it higher on my list than Mystic Timbers. From the 0 to 45 mph lift hill, to the airtime hills and everything along the way, it truly feels out of control. I think the park did an amazing job with RMC in designing it and it is a very unique ride. We ate at the Grist Mill and Aunt Granny's. The Cinnamon bread and buffet were delicious! Yes I did really enjoy Tennessee Tornado as well but I think I will still stick with Vortex for my favorite only because I just wish Tennessee Tornado was longer. MaestroJr 

• Like 3