Parking Lot Needs Work

thedaveyboyshow

On 11/3/2017 at 11:00 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

A few thoughts come to mind. No right or wrong answer.

Do I want a smooth sharp parking lot or a few new flat rides?

This would be a major expense, why not make this a multi year project?

What about filling in the potholes and resealing? That would be cheaper than repaving right?

This is exactly what I was thinking. Make paving the parking lot a multi year project. You wouldn't have to put out all the money for it all at once. As a matter of fact, they should start this off-season, since no major capital project appears to be happening this year, other than a new restaurant. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Repaving the exit lane (exit sign directs you down it) across from the employee lot would go a long way if not repaving the whole parking lot.  It looks like they have tried to fill some potholes in but it feels like its a new ride experience using my own car called Dodgem Pothole edition.:wacko:

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 5:23 PM, dtk1378 said:

I prefer the parking lot the way it is, keeps people from driving way too fast in the parking lot... well at least slows them down more than it would be if it was smooth pavement. I personally wish they would make it a gravel lot.

I agree in principle, but gravel would be terrible to stripe for parking stalls and for motorcycle safety. With no stripes, people tend to park farther away from the car next to them and fewer spots result. A few crosswalks across the exit lane (through the middle) would be nice too. Too many folks wander across the flow of traffic in the driving lane, which is really dangerous, even at 20mph. 

• Like 1