Winterfest Questions

Who Dey

^ that and if i remember right (which i could be wrong) i think on the website it says you have to pay the $15 fee plus sign a waiver. I agree, it depends on how much they limit the sessions....guess we will see in time :) if nothing else it should be fun sitting by the fountains and watching people try to skate and hearing the Christmas music.

• Like 3

On 11/10/2017 at 9:50 AM, King Ding Dong said:

I wonder what they mean by can’t leave the ice and return during your session?   As I recall skate fitting is very finicky and frequently needs adjusting.  To tight and your feet are in misery, to loose and you are unstable.   Most people are not going to be experts at This and I sure would be mad after paying $15 if I couldn’t sit down to adjust my kids skates or use the restroom.  

I mean, it’s half an hour. Outside of some severe medical condition, make everyone potty before. It’s not like you can get out of line for a ride for a bathroom break and the waits for those can be far longer than a half hour skate session.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mustbeaweasley said:

I mean, it’s half an hour. Outside of some severe medical condition, make everyone potty before. It’s not like you can get out of line for a ride for a bathroom break and the waits for those can be far longer than a half hour skate session.

My understanding is that they are doing something like colored wristbands to denote session times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mustbeaweasley said:

Per the website:

“Currently time sessions are 5:00-6:30pm, 7:00-8:30pm, and 9:00-10:30pm. Times are subject to change.”

That’s 1 1/2 hours.  

• Like 4

Winterfest food discussion in the general season food discussion, or a new one since it looks like it's all new stuff?

I'd say put it in the general one, as it might lead into menu changes for next season.
Either way, any updates (additions) to the dining plan? Can you post a photo of the dining plan options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, MaestroFanatic said:

Does anyone here know if the hot beverage mugs are dishwasher safe? I'd like to think so, them being hot drink containers, but I don't want to ruin mine.

Too bad the introduction of the hot beverage mugs resulted in the return of the unsanitary conditions that were eliminated with the souvenir cups when they went to self dispense drinks.  Yep, we now have the return of those preparing and serving your food with gloves on now have to take someone's filthy hot beverage cup and handle it to get the hot beverage and then return to dishing out your food.  Witnessed someone use the restroom and not wash hands and then took cup to food stand to have it handled by the employee dishing out the food.  Gross...  Hopefully that is remedied soon.

• Like 2

Hi, I was wondering, what are the 17 rides that are open during the course of Winterfest? I heard somewhere that 17 rides will be open, however I don't know which ones there are, does anyone happen to know which rides are in operation during Winterfest or is there any page that has this information? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Too bad the introduction of the hot beverage mugs resulted in the return of the unsanitary conditions that were eliminated with the souvenir cups when they went to self dispense drinks.  Yep, we now have the return of those preparing and serving your food with gloves on now have to take someone's filthy hot beverage cup and handle it to get the hot beverage and then return to dishing out your food.  Witnessed someone use the restroom and not wash hands and then took cup to food stand to have it handled by the employee dishing out the food.  Gross...  Hopefully that is remedied soon.

If the servers are doing their job correctly like I noticed at the Chicken Shack on Friday, they are suppose to replace their gloves every time they handle those cups.  A lot of waste, but sanitary.  

Too bad the Hot Chocolate was not part of the Drink Plan.

• Like 2

There are no early opening times for season pass holders during Winterfest.  International Street opens at 4:00 on Saturdays, 4:30 all other days; the rest of the park opens at 5:00 every day.

Not sure about the impact of the warm temperatures on ice skating, but it was about this warm last week and they were still skating; from what I understand there's a chilling system under the ice so impact should be minimal.

• Like 3

Mystic Min temp is 35 degrees.

1 hour ago, MaestroJr said:

Next Saturday we were planning on going but high temperature for Mason is 34. Now I know weather can change quickly, especially in Ohio but do you think that Mystic Timbers would still be operating at only two shades above freezing?

• Like 2

You can get the BAF discount at the gate. Guest services told me you can’t buy the ticket online the day of the event... I don’t know why though. 

You can call guest services at 513-754-5700 about the gold pass buffet discount. I’m guessing that it only applies for the card holder though.

• Like 2

Just now, upstop said:

You can get the BAF discount at the gate. Guest services told me you can’t buy the ticket online the day of the event... I don’t know why though. 

You can call guest services at 513-754-5700 about the gold pass buffet discount. I’m guessing that it only applies for the card holder though.

Thank you! The ice skating and buffet tickets were greyed out online... I assumed sold out but maybe like you said you just can't purchase the day of. Hopefully the buffet doesn't actually sell out!

• Like 1

Well update the buffet was totally sold out today due to a company buyout for a group :( But at the end of the night there was a BOGO 50% off for the cinnamon pull apart bread and we got the last 2 and the girl gave them to us free even though my mom kept trying to pay her!

• Like 6

Anybody think the week after Christmas any of the merc will be discounted or on clearance or they'll just pack it up for next year? There was a Kings Island sweatshirt I saw I lovedddddd in the shop by the Eiffel Tower but at $60 even with the gold pass discount thats a bit steep lol

• Like 1