Winterfest Questions

Who Dey

2 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Purchase online before going to the park to try to do the buffet. It's extremely popular and has a few blocked days.

Is there fees for that also? I just HATE paying fees lol. I was actually gonna get em last time because I heard it was selling out but the corp group bought it out anyways

• Like 1

The fee depends on whether there are admission products in your order. For orders without admission (i.e. only parking, meals, and other add-ons), the fee is $0.99.

If there are admission products (tickets or Fast Lane) in your order, the fee starts at $5.99 and goes up depending on the number of tickets. If purchasing just one ticket, it can be more cost effective to buy another way.

• Like 3

I went to the buffet last night. One of the surprises for me is that the little cubbie booths on the very top level have been removed and that is where the buffet was laid out. It's not an awful choice for the layout, but those semi-private booths were always so cozy. It was still magical being able to sit and eat and watch the park (especially the Eiffel Tower cycling and the fountain skaters)

Ok, so here's everything that was on the buffet. I'm putting it as a spoiler so that people who don't want to load this many images don't have to:

To start, a lettuce salad or pasta salad.

IMG_7808.JPG

and pumpkin or baked potato soup.IMG_7809.JPG

As sides, sweet potatoesIMG_7810.JPG

regular potatoesIMG_7811.JPG

dressingIMG_7812.JPG

green beans, and mac and cheese.IMG_7813.JPG

A main dish of vegetarian pasta primavera IMG_7814.JPG

and of course the meats: ham, turkey, and roast beast... er beef (and turkey or beef gravies, cranberries, horseradish sauce,  honey mustard, and rolls)IMG_7815.JPG

Finally for dessert pumpkin and pecan pie, chocolate and red velvet cakeIMG_7807.JPG

Carrot cake, and a variety of cookiesIMG_7806.JPG

I at least tried nearly everything, and it almost all ranged from good to excellent.

My one disappointment was the pasta primavera- I'm not vegetarian but I have always enjoyed veggies, and I found this to be surprisingly flavorless. Maybe roasting the vegetables could have helped?

The surprise hit for me was the pumpkin soup. I keep thinking about it, and wish I could have some more today. 

All in all, this was an experience that was definitely worth the price!

• Like 6

21 hours ago, jcgoble3 said:

The fee is bull****. That's what the fee is. Nothing but a way to grab extra nickels. Oh look, Kinzel's influence is still around.

I am not so sure.  Kings Island might not even be collecting that fee.  Do they use a 3rd party to process the online ticket orders?  It could be out of their hands.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I am not so sure.  Kings Island might not even be collecting that fee.  Do they use a 3rd party to process the online ticket orders?  It could be out of their hands.

They use Accesso.  Many other companies and parks use this company.  So, while we may not like it, it is there until the company decides if they want to do it in house.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2017 at 3:20 PM, jcgoble3 said:

The fee is bull****. That's what the fee is. Nothing but a way to grab extra nickels. Oh look, Kinzel's influence is still around.

Not really....Kings Island doesn't bank those fees. That would be Accesso. Most parks have fees for online purchases. Most anything has a fee for online purchases. No one forces you to purchase anything on Kings Island's website....you can just pay more overall if you pay at park. $6 or 99 cents still is typically cheaper than what you pay at the park.

• Like 1

Similar to fees for parking, online processing fees are part of overall park revenue. Accesso is paid for their services, but what they're paid doesn't necessarily correspond to those fees.

I wish advertised prices were inclusive of any fees, but it has unfortunately become almost an industry standard to add a processing/convenience charge. To roll them into an online ticket price might make an attraction seem more expensive than a competitor. It's worth noting that some users of Accesso, such as Holiday World and the Columbus Zoo, charge only the advertised price with no added fees.

For those looking to buy a discount admission ticket without a fee, area Kroger stores are often the best bet. Just be sure to call first to verify that they have the ticket you want; prices and selection vary by store.

• Like 2

hi im new to this i got some questions. first question can some tell me if the build your Owen mac &cheese any good or worth trying. also is the buff any good. also at the reds hall of fame i saw that they have what i call a bobby it turkey mash stuffing cran is that hot or coldwe might be going tonight so i wanted to know if the food is really good or if its not worth getting thanks an merry xmas

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, retrofan1980 said:

hi im new to this i got some questions. first question can some tell me if the build your Owen mac &cheese any good or worth trying. also is the buff any good. also at the reds hall of fame i saw that they have what i call a bobby it turkey mash stuffing cran is that hot or coldwe might be going tonight so i wanted to know if the food is really good or if its not worth getting thanks an merry xmas

I've only tried the mac & cheese bar. I will say it is absolutely fantastic. You can either get mac & cheese or tater tots. There is a bunch of toppings you can get on it, including the option to get one of three meats (meatballs, popcorn chicken, and I can't think of the other). 

Like it's said its absolutely delicious. I haven't tried the other places, but I'm sure someone will let you know how it was.

• Like 4

On 12/19/2017 at 3:20 PM, jcgoble3 said:

Sorry Goble, but you can't blame this one on Kinzel.  KI charging fees for online orders started in the Paramount years. I know because I was the one that printed the season pass orders back then.  The fee then was $2.99 per order (not per item).  Of course, that was also before Accesso.

On 12/21/2017 at 1:52 PM, JubJester said:

I've only tried the mac & cheese bar. I will say it is absolutely fantastic. You can either get mac & cheese or tater tots. There is a bunch of toppings you can get on it, including the option to get one of three meats (meatballs, popcorn chicken, and I can't think of the other). 

Like it's said its absolutely delicious. I haven't tried the other places, but I'm sure someone will let you know how it was.

Other meats include brisket, pulled pork and sliced hot dogs.  Highly recommend the mac & cheese bar!  I can't wait until tomorrow when I get to have it again before I have to report to work.  Of course, with the weather being what it is today, who knows what's in store for my show tonight.  Our stage is covered, but when we're in the wings we aren't covered, then there's the issue of walking out to our stage with our microphones in the rain...  So I may get to have the mac & cheese tonight too (and finally watch the indoor shows I've been dying to see)!

• Like 4

We have been to Winterfest a couple times so far and hope to go on Dec 30th.    I was bummed they had no Mystic Timbers shirts that had Winterfest themes.     There was a Santa sled on a coaster with a slogan 'Ride All Day' or such on International street.    Hope they add some next year as that is on my wish list.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2017 at 1:20 AM, malem said:

Similar to fees for parking, online processing fees are part of overall park revenue. Accesso is paid for their services, but what they're paid doesn't necessarily correspond to those fees.

I wish advertised prices were inclusive of any fees, but it has unfortunately become almost an industry standard to add a processing/convenience charge. To roll them into an online ticket price might make an attraction seem more expensive than a competitor. It's worth noting that some users of Accesso, such as Holiday World and the Columbus Zoo, charge only the advertised price with no added fees.

For those looking to buy a discount admission ticket without a fee, area Kroger stores are often the best bet. Just be sure to call first to verify that they have the ticket you want; prices and selection vary by store.

Makes me wonder if Columbus Zoo and Holiday World are eating those fees, or if Kings Island is getting all or some of the extra charge. One of the above scenarios is likely the truth.

• Like 1